Finding New and Creative Ways

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crokett

to blow up my work. A friend saw the wine glasses I make and asked if I could make a set for his wife for Christmas. I got one done. The other I got it mostly turned and got the body all sanded down. I reversed it and turned the holding tenon off the bottom. then I went to move the tool rest out of the way. the lathe was still running. I whacked the narrow stem with the corner of the tool rest and shattered it.

tomtedesco

Good to hear I am not the only one that does this. Had an open segmented bowl all done, turned it around to finish bottom, had a catch and pieces flew all over the shop. šŸ˜ž

Woodchipper

Had a fellow doing a demo at our woodturning club. He was turning a square bowl, got down to the last light touch to finish and POW! Kindling!
Those things happen. Always glad to hear no one is hurt when things fly apart. I have two light scars on my right forearm from a piece that got out of balance, bounced off the wall and then flew over to me.

crokett

I was doing some organizing and deep cleaning of my shop today. I found most of the missing pieces to a bowl I blew up a few weeks ago. I may try to create some sculpture with it.

Top Bottom