Finally!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Thanks to this flexible oil changing funnel, I, for the first time was able to change the lawnmower oil without making a mess. Funny how such a simple tool sometimes makes a huge difference.
AC18B72D-2355-4D9A-93BC-32D9116EC1E2.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

I think I have the same John Deere Mower (LA105?). I have always struggled with the oil change. I usually slide a thin foil pan under the mower, with the front tires turned out of the way, and I usually catch most of the oil, but it's a pain. I like the flexible funnel, and will definitely give it a try.

KenB259

I think I have the same John Deere Mower (LA105?). I have always struggled with the oil change. I usually slide a thin foil pan under the mower, with the front tires turned out of the way, and I usually catch most of the oil, but it's a pain. I like the flexible funnel, and will definitely give it a try.
Mine is a D130, not much different from yours.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I made something similar several years ago for my Craftsman lawn tractor. Very helpful. It is now 21 years old!

I'm about ready to get another lawn tractor and if it lasts as long as the Craftsman, it will out live me. I'll get a Deere or Husqvarna.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Ken. My SST 16 is pretty much the same, and I do get a mess sometimes. I don't recognize that opened up funnel though. Are they made that way? Or did you have to rip it?

KenB259

I think my wife got it on Amazon. I think they really are call flexible funnels. They pretty much stay the shape you fold them into. Have no idea what they are made from.

penicillin

Ooh! Ooh! I gotta get one of those for changing the oil in the air compressor. It is always such a mess. Thanks for sharing!

egnald

I think my wife got it on Amazon. I think they really are call flexible funnels. They pretty much stay the shape you fold them into. Have no idea what they are made from.
The ones I am familiar with are essentially a thick and very flexible aluminum sheet that is overcoated with a silicone, rubber, or nitrile type of coating. - Dave

sorcerertd

Nice. I put an extension pipe on a previous mower with an elbow to let it drain straight down. That worked pretty well, but this looks even less messy and you don't have to figure out how to make the container sit just right next to the deck.

EricRN

Very nice. I cut the top off a milk jug and use that. You can cut off the top of the handle half way and then you've got a nice spout for pouring the spent oil into another jug that you can put the cap on. But mine is just a push mower. No ride-on for me!

pshrynk

Used to have a Craftsman rider that had a built in flexible tube that unhooked and was able to drain into a pan just fine. Never had any problems with wear and the cap maintained pressure just fine. If I recall, there was a on/off valve somewhere upstream now that I think of it.

Top Bottom