Finally some time in the shop in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

Well it has been so busy here between work and other commitments. I have not had much time to be in my shop at all but yesterday I found time to turn a blank that I glued tubes into weeks ago and also glued up several new blanks here is the one pen that I had time to make yesterday. It is Jr. Gent 2 with Black Ash Burl that purchased from a guy in Michigan. He cut this burl in 1994 and it sat in his barn until now. It is absolutely beautiful wood. Hope you like it. Comments and questions always welcomed.

il_570xN.565335763_msqs.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krudwig

Great pen! I really like the wood and the Jr gent 2 kits there not too high to use and I like a cap pen also.

I usually purchase these hardware sets 20 or more at a time. This also gives a nice discount. These kits are first rate quality in my opinion, I have made hundreds of them and it is my staple hardware. Now CSUSA carries chrome too and they are very reasonable. I usually upgrade the ink cartridge in them now. The newer kits have a different cartridge than they used to. I use schmidt cartridges now usually 5888's but occasionally a 888. Good luck with your Jr. Gent 2's I am hooked on them.

Mike

Great pen! I really like the wood and the Jr gent 2 kits there not too high to use and I like a cap pen also.

OZturner

What a Stunning Burl Blank Mike,
The jr Gent 2 is a Perfect choice.
Terrific Fit and Finish, though with that blank, it is hard to take your eyes off the Grain and Colour displayed.
Congratulations,
Brian.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I LOve Black Ash Burl. The eyes are amazing. Wonderful work with the blanks and the kit combination is great! Thanks for posting... something for me to aspire to.!:)

Top Bottom