Finally some free time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MIKL

MIKL

well the christmas hassle has gone and we can all get back to everyday life

managed a RDO and no one home,,,, SHED TIME!!!!

i have been playing around with segmenting designs and the first and second pickies show a couple that will probably never become a pen, the experiment worked and i think i know how to fix the problems for next time

pickie 3 shows a standard Siera with a parker pencil insert Tallow/Red Gum and a Siera Stylus in Tallow/Blackwood these were destined to be a set but the tallow came up different colors, next time i will make them out of the same blanks

Pickies 4,5 & 6 are my newest Mecha, aluminum and copper crinkle with some armour plating all on an Ultra Cigar,, makes it sound like a big mac
biggrin.gif

Thanks for looking C&C welcome

MIK

Attachments

• DSCN4488edt.JPG
    DSCN4488edt.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCN4489edt.JPG
    DSCN4489edt.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN4487edt.JPG
    DSCN4487edt.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN4484edt.JPG
    DSCN4484edt.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN4485edt.JPG
    DSCN4485edt.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCN4486edt.JPG
    DSCN4486edt.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 170
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krudwig

I really like your Celtic knots and the segmented ones! Did you use a 60 degree cut on the Celtic knots? The crinkle ones are not my thing but I'm more into the wooden pens even over the acrylics, but I'm a newbie so I'm just learning.

MIKL

thanks for the feedback guys

the finish on the wood is Medium CA/BLO, i have allergy problems with the CA accelerators so i steer clear of them

I really like your Celtic knots and the segmented ones! Did you use a 60 degree cut on the Celtic knots? The crinkle ones are not my thing but I'm more into the wooden pens even over the acrylics, but I'm a newbie so I'm just learning.

the knots are at around the 60 degress, i just guessed the angle that i wanted and went with that, 45 degrees was just a bit too small an angle for what i like

i use a sliding compound miter saw with a depth stop for my knots and a jig that i made, i can post a pickie if you would like to see it works a treat

MIK

OZturner

Hi Mik, Great to see you back after the Chrissy break.
Re 1 & 2 Great segmenting, nice choice of timbers, look forward to seeing them or their offsprings, on a Pen in the Future.
Re 3, Very nice Celtic set, I see what you mean about the Tallow Wood, the Stylus one's looks more like a piece of Pacific Maple or Miranti by it's colour and pronounced grain.
re 4-5-& 6 Can I have that Super Sized, With Fries, And a Thick Shake to go.
Out of the three I prefer #5 I like the strong look of the Rivets, and more about the Aluminium and Copper sheet, and less of the heavier paint.
Trust you and your family had a great Christmas, and my best wishes for the New Year.
Brian.

MIKL

Hi Mik, Great to see you back after the Chrissy break.
Re 1 & 2 Great segmenting, nice choice of timbers, look forward to seeing them or their offsprings, on a Pen in the Future.
Re 3, Very nice Celtic set, I see what you mean about the Tallow Wood, the Stylus one's looks more like a piece of Pacific Maple or Miranti by it's colour and pronounced grain.
re 4-5-& 6 Can I have that Super Sized, With Fries, And a Thick Shake to go.
Out of the three I prefer #5 I like the strong look of the Rivets, and more about the Aluminium and Copper sheet, and less of the heavier paint.
Trust you and your family had a great Christmas, and my best wishes for the New Year.
Brian.

thanks for the feedback Brian

we had a great first christmas with the grand daughter, i trust you and yours had a safe and happy christmas as well

mate i am sorry to say the thickshake machine has died so they are off the menu:eek::biggrin:

pickies 4,5&6 are the same pen the riveted plating is covering the seem but it gives a great contrast to the other half of the pen

the segmenting has potential i just used the wrong method for working things out, i went with guesswork when maths would have been the better choice

all the best

MIK

Top Bottom