Finally made one! Apollo - thanks Kate!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

This pen sat in a tub marked Apollo for quite a while. Cleaning my shop today I decided enough is enough. My issue was my skill at the junction between the cap and the pen body. It looked funky enough to skip it for a long while. Today the idea of my boring bar tool for ring making could solve that issue was put to the test. I very carefully removed glue from the inside of the cap and a tiny bit of the black threaded insert. It did indeed fix it.

Amazing how light this pen type is. It will probably sell quickly. I will probably sell it as a convertible fountain pen/rollerball.

The blank is curly Hawaiian koa and it indeed has curves - more from every angle. My usual CA finish applied today in near 100% humidity without a problem.

Attachments

• IMG_3936.jpeg
    IMG_3936.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3937.jpeg
    IMG_3937.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3939.jpeg
    IMG_3939.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KateHarrow

Excellent work and good grief that koa is something else!!! Incredible as always and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next for you with these kits

mmayo

Excellent work and good grief that koa is something else!!! Incredible as always and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next for you with these kits
Thanks.

The chatoyance is out of this world. Thanks for your efforts to create and refine this pen style. It rocks!

Top Bottom