Finally found where I put these away for safe keeping

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

I knew I had these blanks but bumped my head too many times and forgot exactly where I put them for safe keeping in my garage.
I have had this on my mind since I started to tackle the 500 year shop cleanup so my grey matter search engine has been running.

I picked these up from an IAP member in Ireland back in 2012 . I did make one pen out of them not long after I got the blanks as a gift for a friend. Now I'll have to search for the photos of it. They are Elm Burl according to the seller.

The quest never seems to end..*G*

One of my helpers takes too many breaks to be efficient.

Elm Burl-1.jpgElm Burl-2.jpgIMG_1209.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

Monty,

Heaven help me when I bring a package in the house. Tinker and his sister can't wait for me to get the contents out so they can have a new box to be in charge of. Gotta love cats and their antics.

Jim

SteveJ

How do you glue the cat to the tube? My guess is CA since it dries quickly...

That wood is beautiful!

My daughter is visiting and brought her cat. Our neighbors cat comes over every day to be petted. The two sat staring at one another for about a hour through the window. My dog had no idea how to respond to two cats in a staring contest.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My wife calls that a cat trap. Our did the same. Nice catch.

Attachments

• IMG_0650.JPG
    IMG_0650.JPG
    302.8 KB · Views: 154

howsitwork

Our dog tolerates SWMBO adopting cats . We did have a ( brief) cat free period with 2 border collies ( my idea of nirvana ) before I was over ruled by wife and sons . Now at 1 dog , 3 cats and I am looking for another collie.

sbwertz

One of my cats crept into a paper bag to ambush the other one as she came by. Unfortunately, it was a paper bag with a string handle, and as she came charging out of the bag to ambush her victim her head went through the handle of the bag and the bag then chased her out of the room. Our house is set up so there is a door at each end of the living room that goes into the kitchen/family room. This makes for a lovely circular racetrack for cats. I wasn't able to get out of my recliner fast enough to catch her on the first lap, but on the second lap I stepped on the bag, which tore, leaving her with just the handle around her neck and she dove under the bed. She eventually came out without the handle, but hasn't been in a bag or box since...those things are dangerous predators!

sbwertz

Our dog tolerates SWMBO adopting cats . We did have a ( brief) cat free period with 2 border collies ( my idea of nirvana ) before I was over ruled by wife and sons . Now at 1 dog , 3 cats and I am looking for another collie.

My dog was raised by our old female cat from the time he was a puppy. I think he thought she was his mother. We lost her a few months ago, but he still looks for her in all her favorite hiding places.
rascal and bear.jpg

Top Bottom