Finally finished up some pens that have been in the works. Pic heavy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jjjaworski

jjjaworski

I finally finished up some pens this weekends that I have had in the works for some time.

These have a CA finish.
DSCN0570.jpg DSCN0572.jpg DSCN0564.jpg DSCN0565.jpg

I wanted to try an alternative finish. These have four coats of Minwax Wipe-On Poly - Clear Satin.I cut it back with 0000 steel wool.
I applied some Briwax ( dark brown ). I like the way this worked out.

DSCN0580.jpg DSCN0581.jpg DSCN0577.jpg DSCN0576.jpg DSCN0569.jpg
DSCN0566.jpg DSCN0568.jpg DSCN0573.jpg DSCN0563.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Wow you have been busy and they all look great. The chevron patterns are spot on and well done. You caught the segmenting bug. Hope to see more of your work. Keep it up.

jjjaworski

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate the encouragement.

I still have another 8-10 various pens I need to put some finishing touches on and assemble. I just peck away at them after work and on weekends.

I will admit the segmenting is fun and a challenge. It does keep the brain active for sure.

David350

Great group of pens and segmenting. For some reason, I think the executive pen really calls for some segmenting and yours looks great. Thanks for sharing...

jjjaworski

Great group of pens and segmenting. For some reason, I think the executive pen really calls for some segmenting and yours looks great. Thanks for sharing...
Thanks David.

I agree that the executive is a good candidate for segmenting. A long barrel and a smaller clip.

Trying the Professor for the first time was a bad choice for that blank with the four chevrons since the clip is so big and hides a lot of the blank. Live and learn.

Top Bottom