Finally down to one moving box in my shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

I might seem like nothing, but the organization in the shop is almost there. I have listened to several of you stress the need to capture dust at the source. To that end I have set up a Jet canister vacuum system and attached 4" hoses that connect to machines. The jury is still out on the wall mounted dust collector. A Dust right cyclone is now installed between my shop vacuum and my hoses, it catches a lot and will save my filters and reduce bag use. I catch as much dust and chips as possible when I turn with a hose and wide mouth fitting right near my workpiece. This still does not get the first rounding passes, but catches more as turning goes on. It seems to catch all dust when sanding. Hoses connect to each sander to capture dust. The router has dust collection in the fence, but will have a box for under table dust capture as soon as pen, razor, seam ripper, cutting board, tackle box making generates more income.

9417B147-5C13-458D-8C8A-9D9963B8543C_zpsbgscj8i8.jpg

Soon the bag under my table saw will be replaced by a fitting to connect to 4" hoses. Yes, the back of the saw will receive a magnetically attached closure with strategic cutouts for the belt and motor mounts.

My stack of clamps sitting on the floor is now gone and replaced with this clamp racks.

7C01890D-7EE0-46DC-99AC-1ED111D1480A_zpsovq0t0aj.jpg

Even this humble workbench is mostly cleared and the laminate surface is visible for the first time since moving in.

1A292252-FDD1-4387-9699-10F4EEC6193B_zpsbxjsu9il.jpg

My last effort is a Jet air cleaner. The placement brought some negative comments ( still helpful ), but the dust it collects and the fresh clean air that exits near my table saw is wonderful. One look up at the 16' ceiling makes movement to a central area suspended from the ceiling doubtful for now. The debris on this earlier photo is long gone as organization continued.

05B3518B-9BDC-4C64-A693-038E4005B98D_zpsmqu72rpp.jpg

If I do a lot of table saw cutting or the air seems heavy with dust I run it on while working. At the end of the day I set the timer for 2 hours and leave. The amount of dust on surfaces is far less than I have experienced in my last garage shop.

Dust collection works.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Wish I had a shop as nice as yours !!

Would love to rummage through those USPS flat-rate boxes !!! :)

mmayo

Wish I had a shop as nice as yours !!

I would never have dreamed I would have this shop. It is a pinch me kind of thing and will stay that way for a long, long time.

Would love to rummage through those USPS flat-rate boxes !!! :)

That flat rate box HAD wonderful dark Bloodwood packed full. Love it. Some of it went into a three piece shave set.

D7688528-691A-413C-80ED-FD9E98C0D407_zps9qjtxq12.jpg

Last edited:

KBs Pensnmore

I would be running the Jet anytime you're likely to create dust. Have a look at a shaft of light coming in the shed once you've done some cutting, amazing the amount of dust you see, and that's going in the lungs!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom