Finally an album for young Adam

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

i finally Got my album up and i thought i would like to share this pen because it was very difficult for me to make

Image Insert:
20048294425_IM002734a.jpg

64.7KB

The wood Is marble wood and the inlay was all hand scroll sawed out Including the pieces except the turned ebony sound hole plug

The neck is sand blasted African blackwood end grain and the base of the guitar is amboyna Burl
I have never really scroll sawed any thing before let alone an inlay any where but expect more inlay from me. and please let me know what you think of it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Adam,
I weould love to have a blow by blow of how you did this. picks to boot.
your selection of inlay subject also stikes a CHORD with me (like that pun)
one of my other interests other than pen turning is guitar playing. I want a pen just like this only I want the inlay to depict an ovation acoustic in black.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Daniel and Adam...I guess we should form a new club as I also am a guitar player...and Daniel, I play Ovation's mostly. Funny how with people "the more we're different the more we're the same".

M

Mudder

<b>BANG!!</b>

That is the sound of my jaw hitting the floor.
Another Heirloom is born!
Excellent craftsmanship and creativity.

Efletche

I am amazed and awed too! In time, I'd like to do an inlay with the medical cadeusus symbol as the inlay. Can I assume the inlay was done while the blank was still sqaure? I'm still new at this, so I apologize if this sounds like a really stupid question.

Scottydont

WOW! I like that! I am guitar player too! I fancy Larivee guitars hand made in B.C. Canada. They specialize in some VERY fancy inlays. Check 'em out if you are curious. www.larrivee.com

Adam

i will post my "how i made this article" in a new topic on this branch of community forums although school started monday so i have not had the time to concentrate on pen turning unfortunately but i will try to formulate how i made this pen soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom