Final Pen of the Year. A Game of Thrones inspired pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spindlecraft

spindlecraft

A few weeks back I got a custom request for a pen. He wanted it to be a Game of Thrones inspired pen. I've never seen the show, but I did some research on it, and this is what I came up with.

Apparently there are different "clans" or "sigels" in the show. This pen is inspired by the "Lannister" sigel, who are rich with gold. Their crest is a lion, and their colors are red and gold.

This pen utilizes a red & gold trustone blank, with the Victorian rollerball kit. I found a local gentleman that has a laser engraver to do a custom engraving into the side of the blank, which I then hand-painted with some metallic gold paint.

Overall, I love how it came out - but am nervous as heck to give it to the client. The cap blank is razor thin against the brass, and one wrong move and it's gonna shatter.

Either way, I hope he loves it!

10860172_1514711295468842_1646668891_n.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Trey

Wow. I mean WOW!
The kit may be fragile as hell, but you finished this one with class. Never watched the series either, however I'm guessing you'd find something like that in there. Well done! If your client doesn't love it, send it to me, and I'll put it in a case and admire it for you.

JD Combs Sr

I'm more of a house stark fan, but as a fan of game of thrones I think you nailed it.
It looks like something Tywin would carry.
Haven't seen the HBO series but have read(audioed?) all the books. As Mike said, it looks like something that House of Lannister would have.

Great work.

Edit: Meant to ask, did you have the metal parts engraved as well as the plastic?

Last edited:

spindlecraft

Thank you for the wonderful feedback everybody!! The customer loved it, and showed me a picture of it proudly displayed on this desk. Now I have another customer who wants a Game of Thrones based pen. More updates to follow!

Top Bottom