Figured I show my hand...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dubdrvrkev

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

I just joined so I figured I show that I am actually turning pens. This is what I have on hand right now, but I have given many away for gifts and such.
From left to right; olive, mesquite, kentucky coffee, walnut, zircote, mulberry, hickory, ash crotch, butternut.

200541334353_pens%20003%20crop.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

badwin

Very nice assortment of shapes and wood. I know that some of the guys at my firehall like the hourglass shape of some of the pens that I have done, their a little beefier.
Brian

dubdrvrkev

Thanks for the words.
I have made quite a few of the traditional straight barrel pens also but most of those are gone. I suppose I should do a few to keep in inventory. I am going to make an attempt to sell some but I'm trying to find my groove.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Nice work Kevin. I have had people tell me that the larger pens, or in this case your larger nib ends are better to write with due to arthritic hands. Also, women with small hands like the slimlines slim. Go figure!

dubdrvrkev

I have been trying a bunch of different finishes, as well as shapes and woods, but basically they are an adaptation of the MM/BLO/CA/wax with a sprinkling of friction polish here and there. Could be why I have had some problems, I have had a couple turn to a matte finish after awhile (walnut went matte). I figured I didn't let the BLO dry long enough. I figured I'd the experimenting out of the way on slimlines since I don't really want any 'shop' cigars or statesmen.

Thumbs

Kevin, it's nice of you to share your pens, but it isn't that you "have to." It's just like poker. If they don't pay to see'em, ya don't have to show'em! Good work by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom