Few More Round Top European Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Got a few more European Round Top pens done the last few days.
First two are Conway Stewart materials, Flecked Autumn and can't remember name of second.
Then a vintage cellulose acetate material.
Followed by Yellow Pearl resin and last is some resin from years ago.
Thanks for looking, Keith

Attachments

• DSC_6002.JPG
    DSC_6002.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_6051.JPG
    DSC_6051.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC_6067.JPG
    DSC_6067.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC_6077.JPG
    DSC_6077.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC_6013.JPG
    DSC_6013.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 259
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wonderful set Keith. This kit is given less attention, but I really like its profile and overall appearance.

All your blanks are excellent, as is the turning and finishing chores. Well done.

DrD

Pens are beautiful; as I've stated before, this is one of my favorite kits. Your work is outstanding.

How do you handle the exposed tube for the center band - start with tube exposed, or part off during turning?

DrD

EricRN

Got a few more European Round Top pens done the last few days.
First two are Conway Stewart materials, Flecked Autumn and can't remember name of second.
Then a vintage cellulose acetate material.
Followed by Yellow Pearl resin and last is some resin from years ago.
Thanks for looking, Keith
Very nice! Which kit is that? I've been looking to try a Euro style. Does it take Parker style or Cross type refills?

Chief TomaToe

I love the looks of some the vintage materials out there, but I've always struggled to imagine in my mind what kits would go well with them. I think you've really nailed it here. Great job.

mrburls

Pens are beautiful; as I've stated before, this is one of my favorite kits. Your work is outstanding.

How do you handle the exposed tube for the center band - start with tube exposed, or part off during turning?

DrD
I find it easier to use blank length of the tube and part it off on metal lathe.

mrburls

Very nice! Which kit is that? I've been looking to try a Euro style. Does it take Parker style or Cross type refills?
The kits are from BereaHardwoods and are the Round Top European Double Twist Pen (8216/B-IPG-1) Titanium Gold.
They take a Parker style refill.

mrburls

I love the looks of some the vintage materials out there, but I've always struggled to imagine in my mind what kits would go well with them. I think you've really nailed it here. Great job.
To me these kits are just classic looking and are not a fad (a style to come and go with time). I liked making these pens when I first started over 14 years ago and still like them.

My favorite kit and a very popular design. I use the Designer Series from PSI and I have lots of requests for them. The Gun Metal with Gold accents are the hottest sellers for me. You've done a great job with these.

Reactions: DrD
Top Bottom