Female pen turner in Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

Hi, obviously I'm a new kid on the block. I've lived in Texas all my life, I have two grown kiddos and I've tried all sorts of artsy things; handmade soap making, quilting, alcohol inks, stained glass, punch needling and now pen turning. I've always been self taught at everything I've down and turning is no exception. We've had a lathe for awhile my husband used to make shaving brushes for my soap making business years ago. I've been intrigued by turning ever since so recently we dug out the lathe and I've been playing.

jrista

Welcome from Colorado!

Sounds like you'll fit in nicely here, with all your craftwork. :)

Hope the journey into learning to use a lathe is going well. It is certainly addictive! Just been getting back into my turning the last month. I had nearly a year where I hardly turned at all, and boy did I miss it. I'm having to re...hone, I guess, some of my skills, definitely rusty. But I'm happy to find most of the skill is still there. So far...

Hippie3180

Thank you! and yes quite addictive, I'm currently in a lull waiting for more supplies and it's funny how much I miss getting out there on the lathe. I work out in the garage, I miss the birds chirping, the slight breeze and the whirring of the lathe.

TDahl

Welcome to the community Michele. It sounds like you have a lot of creativity to offer. You have come to the right place. There are hundreds of rabbit holes here and the possibilities are endless. Enjoy!!!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Michele. Lots of great Texans here. Join in the fun. Self taught: Lathe and pen turning - So are many here including me. And lots of experienced turners to help along the way. Share your experiences!

Hippie3180

Welcome from Alvin, TX Michele..

Welcome aboard from down in South Texas, along the west shore of Copano Bay. If you should happen to be from the Corpus Christi area, I would like to invite you to the Coastal Bend Woodturners group. Just saying………Smokey
That would be so much fun, but darn the luck I'm up in West Texas 10 hours away. I do make it to the Hill Country sometimes, Boerne..not too far away.

WriteON

You are not EVEN joking. Lol!!
People have told me to sell my stuff...I said what for... I'm in real deep...hit bottom and still digging. Could never recover any money from turning however it's a hobby not a business. I would have handled this differently if I wanted to sell things. Anyway there's nothing like spending money on yourself. NOTHING! Show me the kits😂

its_virgil

Welcome from Wichita Falls. I hope you have found the South Plains Woodturners. If not, do so.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom