February Meeting??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Knucklefish

I just remembered I have to attend our annual convention Feb 2-4th so those dates won't work for me. Anything else is good except remember the suberbowl is feb 5th!

SDB777

Should have made a poll out of this.....

Okay. How about the third weekend of the month?
I'll tell the boss not to schedule me on the 18th(Saturday, might have a better turn out without getting in the way of church and all).

About 10am?

Where?

Scott :)eek:WOOHOO, I'm gonna learn to cast Sunday:eek:) B

SDB777

Just need to know where....and I'll be there! There is too much to learn, although my wallet is looking pretty moth-eaten at the moment.

Closed end addiction, and now you guys got the wife casting PR....what else is there?

Scott (somebody save me) B

McBryde

Oh Scott, you're fine! That will just keep Lynne off your back so you can cut more wood, LOL. I have some gator jaw bone she might like to cast up that would make it even more moth eaten!

I need to start in on this closed end addiction though. I want to try some cigar looking pens for my cigar smoking buddies.

E

p.s.- Where is this beast gonna be at this go round?

BSea

I will volunteer my garage. I have a heater that should make it warm enough. And we can go inside to take some breaks. Not the best place, but at least we can play on the lathe & do some demos.

SDB777

Volunteers for doing demos?

I'd like to learn how to go completely kitless now....ya'll done created a 'moster' in the casting department(Bob showed the wife), and John did the closed end demo...and I'm eating those up!

Scott (just bumping this one) B

BSea

Volunteers for doing demos?

I'd like to learn how to go completely kitless now....ya'll done created a 'moster' in the casting department(Bob showed the wife), and John did the closed end demo...and I'm eating those up!

Scott (just bumping this one) B
Doing a closed end might be a little too much for a demo. The time John & I worked on one, it took at least 4 hours, and we weren't finished. They are fun though, and we could at least maybe thread the cap, and show how that's done. We could also go over the tools we use as far as taps & die sizes.

micah

Hey guys! Mind if a new/old guy moves in?
Just a little background. I'm 38, been turning for 2months. Well, I turned for about three years, then had to take about a three year break because I lost my room that I was turning in. Good news I found it though. It ended up being in a place I never thought to look. Back to turning now for a couple months. In the past I've done mainly just pens and a few grunt and predator calls, but hoping to turn maybe some small bowls in the future for fun.
Well....what do you say? Who do I have to pay off?

SDB777

No payoffs necessary...everyone's welcome!

I was just in Searcy(job takes me there every once in awhile)!

Scott (more the merrier-er-er) B

micah

Thanks Scott! The way the family wiped me out over the holidays I thought I might have to pay someone off if used Christmas paper....
If you get up this way and you think you may have a minute holler at me!
I'll try to make the meeting in February! It'd be nice to know some guys, or gals, around this area that turns.

McBryde

Son of a stinking gun, the fur sale at Russellville is this day, I might not end up making this meeting if I catch fur that I have to get rid of there.

E

Knucklefish

I hope you can make it. I was hoping to see some of that awesome oak you had in the classifieds! I know you stashed the best ones to sell me at the meeting ;-)

John

Son of a stinking gun, the fur sale at Russellville is this day, I might not end up making this meeting if I catch fur that I have to get rid of there.

E

Last edited:

SDB777

E

Is fur worth anything this year? I know in the past it's been getting to the point of "Might as well catch and release 'em!"(Animal control in city that is), or "Why bother?"(in the country side)

That's the reason I got rid of just about all my traps....but you know that already. Still got a few for the strays that get dumped around me though!!

Better have 'em change the purchase date, tell 'em I said so:eek:

Scott (beer time) B

McBryde

Well, I almost always work my fur and send it to Canada, except I usually sell my beavers locally so I don't have to spend an hour on each one of them working them. Man that last sentence sounded ROUGH! We'll see. I may just come to the meeting. I do have some of that oak stashed John. I cut it out of those bowl blanks I offered for sale last time =). I don't think there will be many more bowl blanks out of that stuff, LOL. I have some more of it to cut up out there, but there is no telling if it will be as good looking as that stuff was. Hard to believe it will be.

E

Dustygoose

I rarely post here because of time restraints. I woulod love to meet you guys. I'm originaly from south Louisiana but had to move here when I lost my job there. Love it here. People here are nice and friendly. I would like to learn the closed end also.

I just need to know when and where. Anytime before the 19 or 20 of Feb I "should" be able to make it.

Joe

Knucklefish

Please come

Hi Joe and you are most welcome to the meeting and we would love to have you there! Great bunch of guys. We normally turn somethin, do a demo or two and eat some chow. We also always have a few blanks for sale with other misc stuff. It's really a lot of fun.
We are currently scheduled for 2/18 meeting here in LR @ Bsea's (Bob's) house.
We'll get the address out to you soon but wanted to make sure you hold the date if possible.
Hope you can make it,

John Pierce

I rarely post here because of time restraints. I woulod love to meet you guys. I'm originaly from south Louisiana but had to move here when I lost my job there. Love it here. People here are nice and friendly. I would like to learn the closed end also.

I just need to know when and where. Anytime before the 19 or 20 of Feb I "should" be able to make it.

Joe

TDE

hello

Hello all, I wanted to get into this site to ask questions. Since I'm in ne Arkansas I wanted to be able to find people in this area.

BSea

Hey TDE, we have people come from Jonesboro, Texarkana, Arkadelphia, Morrelton, and even Bolivar MO. You're more than welcome to come down here to our meetings.

TDE

Thanks

Thanks, I hope I can make it. Sounds like a good time to be had. My Daughter and son in law are in Texarkana working so we go down there when we can. We have a new grandson (first) there so that makes it fun.
Have a good night, Ted

BSea

Ok, it's starting to get close. So I'd like to get a count on the number of people planning to be here. So please send me a PM if you plan on attending.

I plan on grilling hotdogs & brats (weather permitting). Plus I'll supply the fixings. Also, I think we'll use Freddy's suggestion that everyone brings a 2 liter of whatever they want to drink. So we'll need someone to bring chips. Maybe some baked beans, or anything else you think we'd want. Plus some deserts. (although deserts have never been a problem in the past :rolleyes:).

As far as demos, here's what I'm thinking. Scott's wife, Lyn is probably going to do a casting demo, and I thought about a scallop demo, but that takes a lot of time (more than 4 hours for me to do 1). I could go over how I do it. And maybe show some examples if anyone is interested in see how I go about doing scallops. I think someone is going to bring some of their tools to sharpen. If anyone has some other ideas, feel free to bring whatever you want to show/demo.

My address is:

5 Drew Lane, Little Rock

My phone number is 501-227-5485.

Dustygoose

Bob, I'm in What kind of chips? I rather drink coffee lol.. j/k Dr pepper is what I'm bringing.
Cant wait to see the casting. I do some and use Charlie's resin savers. I really want to make some using costal scents mica powders but not sure how lol

Can you do a few scallops in different stages and decribe the steps? Any hope of someone doing a closed end?

Joe

Top Bottom