Feather Pen with Exotic Seashells

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from magpens

magpens

I made this pen today. Crickett (Marla Mills) made the blank using her selection of colored feathers and her fantastic artistic talent. The hardware is an Aero ... rhodium and TiG. I know the pictures could be better but this is about the pen, not about the photography ! And it's also about Marla's craftsmanship. You can find more of her work at William Woodwrite and at Indy-Pen-Dance (where I bought the blank).

Attachments

• S1_Marla_Pen.JPG
    S1_Marla_Pen.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 397
  • S2_Marla_Pen.JPG
    S2_Marla_Pen.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Mal,
Your photography is fine, you just need to enjoy playing with the photo as much as you do making pens. Here is my version of the photo you took. I think you did mighty fine.

S2_Marla_Pen.JPG

magpens

Mike,

Thanks for the enhanced picture and for the comments. You're right ... I sure enjoy making pens far, far more than I do acquiring and manipulating digital images ! But I'll try also to work on the latter in the future. Gotta use a better camera instead of my wife's battered midget one. Gotta also get some software tools. What do you use?

Last edited:

IPD_Mr

Mal - I spent about 10 minutes in CS-2 (PhotoShop Creative Suite). It would have been less time if I had remembered where the darn spotlight tool was. :redface:

If money is tight and you want a great program for about $100-$150 then watch eBay and sometimes you can pick up a good (meaning legit) copy of CS-2 or CS-3 Right now the current version is CS-5 which I think is arounf $600 or more. WAY to overpriced for me.

Top Bottom