Favorite Rollerball kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerC

Got a friend who's done a lot of graphic design work for me, and I want to make him a pen out of some special wood he has. He wants a rollerball that meets the following criteria:

- non-postable
- simple design. He doesn't care for all the filigree and fussiness of fancy pens

I'm leaning toward an Atrax but would love to hear what you've turned that you really like.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

The Atrax platform is what I was going to suggest--I've made many and really like the kit. For the money, it is well made and looks great in an understated conservative way and I like that it has no plastic components showing. I usually go for the chrome but sometimes the gold for woods like BOW. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Charlie_W

Agree with the Atrax.
Have also made closed end Zen roller balls which become non postable and will have little bling. Just watch your drilling depths. I did a smaller diameter for the spring same as the cap.

I would say the George II in rhodium/gold is probably my favorite RB/FP kit. It's double the cost of the Atrax but it makes a beautiful, clean looking pen without any bling.

Top Bottom