Favorite PR Vendor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

I've been buying my PR resins (Silmar 41 and 249) from US Composites for years. UPS lost my latest shipment of resin. I've come to expect better customer service from my vendors than I'm currently getting from US Composites with respect to this lost shipment. It's possible that US Composites will ultimately step up and do the right thing, but I don' t have a good feeling right now and I figure I might as well start thinking about a possible new supplier.

I'm not interested in buying old stale resin from a retail craft store. I'm looking for a high volume supplier that will have fresh stock, good prices and good customer service.

Searching the forums, I've found recs for US Composites (possibly my soon to be ex supplier), MrFiberglass.com (seems to have vanished from the web) and illstreet composites (some good and bad experiences reported, and looking at their website I don't see Silmar 41).

I looked up the distributors at the Interplastic / Silmar website, but didn't find any that seemed geared up for small retail orders.

Douglas and Sturgess (artstuf.com) have good products, but their prices are high and their shipping costs are insane.

Anybody have a favorite PR supplier they would like to recommend?

Thanks

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I assume you paid US Composites by credit card. If so, if they don't make it right, I'd dispute the charge with my CC company.
As for MrFiberglass, he passed away several years ago.

Ed McDonnell

Thanks everyone for the responses.

Hi Monty - I did pay by credit card and I won't hesitate to dispute the charge if it comes to that. But I don't think it will come to that. I suspect that US Composites will eventually ship a replacement order, but it may not be until a week or two after I expected to have it (which means I'm out of the bash casting challenges because I'm now out of resin). Ideally they would have offered to ship a replacement today (or have me drive up and pick it up). Instead they have said that they will call me back on Friday after they trace the package with UPS. We'll see. Thanks for the heads up on Mr. Fiberglass.

Hi Martin - Thanks for the illstreet link. I ended up on their new website and they don't have the 41 on there yet. They may be getting my next order. I'll just make a note to use their old website when I order.

Hi Andrew - I like Alumilite, but Alumilite does not like me. I've tried to make it work for me and it's been constant heartbreak. A couple things work against me with Alumilite:

1) I live in a tropical climate and work in a non air conditioned shop. Humidity and Alumilite are a bad combination. Shelf life on the opened product was pretty short for me. Storing it in a refrigerator was an absolute disaster (condensation).

2) Alumilite just isn't suitable for many of the things I'm doing. A lot of my work requires a significant amount of time to get the resin into all the tiny little places it needs to go. Many times I also can not put the work under pressure (e.g. rotocasting).

Ed

jbswearingen

I've been buying my PR resins (Silmar 41 and 249) from US Composites for years. UPS lost my latest shipment of resin. I've come to expect better customer service from my vendors than I'm currently getting from US Composites with respect to this lost shipment. It's possible that US Composites will ultimately step up and do the right thing, but I don' t have a good feeling right now and I figure I might as well start thinking about a possible new supplier.

I'm not interested in buying old stale resin from a retail craft store. I'm looking for a high volume supplier that will have fresh stock, good prices and good customer service.

Searching the forums, I've found recs for US Composites (possibly my soon to be ex supplier), MrFiberglass.com (seems to have vanished from the web) and illstreet composites (some good and bad experiences reported, and looking at their website I don't see Silmar 41).

I looked up the distributors at the Interplastic / Silmar website, but didn't find any that seemed geared up for small retail orders.

Douglas and Sturgess (artstuf.com) have good products, but their prices are high and their shipping costs are insane.

Thanks

Ed

If you didn't purchase insurance on the goods, then US Composites owes you nothing more. Do the "right thing"? You mean replace something they aren't responsible for? They didn't lose the goods; the shipping company did. I don't mean to be a downer, but you should have purchased insurance AND you shouldn't be holding them responsible. (I'm assuming they sent you a shipping confirmation/tracking number.)

Having said that, they're my supplier of choice and I'll continue to buy from them...and purchase insurance.

Last edited:

Ed McDonnell

If you didn't purchase insurance on the goods, then US Composites owes you nothing more. Do the "right thing"? You mean replace something they aren't responsible for? They didn't lose the goods; the shipping company did. I don't mean to be a downer, but you should have purchased insurance AND you shouldn't be holding them responsible. (I'm assuming they sent you a shipping confirmation/tracking number.)

Having said that, they're my supplier of choice and I'll continue to buy from them...and purchase insurance.

Hi Brad - I guess you have a very different view of things than I do. I paid for delivery of a product to my door. The vendor chose the delivery service. When ordering they never offered insurance as an option. That makes it their choice on whether to pay the shipper for insurance or to self insure.

Now, if they had disclosed right up front that they disavow all responsibility once the product leaves their warehouse and recommended that I purchase insurance from the shipper (not an option they have ever offered on their orders when I phone them in) then they would not have gotten my order in the first place. I prefer to do business with vendors who own the situation until I have the product in my hands. And that's been my experience with all the many vendors I buy supplies from. They are not happy until I'm happy.

If you are happier with taking responsibility for the shipping instead of your vendor then that's great for you. I hope you never have to try and get an insurance settlement from UPS. That's a nightmare I wouldn't wish on anybody. Not even you. :biggrin:

Anyway, thanks for the response (even if it wasn't helpful).

Ed

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This is an interesting twist on Business Law.

When in college, I took a couple semesters of Bus Law. The law was clear--no matter what the FOB terms, the shipper satisfied his obligation by giving the goods to the shipping company.

NOW, however, PayPal and credit card companies will give the purchaser a refund if they do not RECEIVE the goods. So, the shipper actually is forced to take responsibility for the shipping company's errors.

The law can say whatever it wants---as long as you can get a refund and the shipper does not get paid, you win. "The heck with the law".

Changing times!!

bruce119

Hi Ed,
Well I'm not too helpful either. I too have used US Composites for many years. I had 2 incidents once they shipped the wrong thing (5 gal. of 249) and another there was some dirt in the bottom of 2 cans. In both cases they replace it rite away. I usually get it with-in 2 days but like you I am close.

As far as a shipping loss. I don't ship much UPS but I think they automatically cover $100.00. Over $100.00 it's up to the shipper to add or offer insurance. I briefed the UPS site about a loss claim and they (UPS) say it can take 7-10 days to conduct a search.

You do have a tracking # rite did you contact UPS also did you get 1 gal or 5 gal just curious.

I wouldn't give up on US Composites just yet. They have no choice then to wait the 10 days that UPS needs to justify the loss.

Good Luck
Bruce

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Thanks

Ed

Unless it is specifically stated that a purchase is FOB xyz...standard in the US is that the shipper "owns" the package until it is delivered. That is why charge backs to credit cards work. The buyer can't buy insurance - it has to be purchased by the shipper and any claim has to be filed by the shipper. When I buy insurance on my shipments it is to protect me (with one noteable exception).

It would not be unusual, however, for the shipper to trace the package before reshipping. That is a perfectly reasonable business practice. I can't count how many times a customer has complained about not receiving a shipment, then a day or so later saying it arrived. If I had shipped a new order I'd have been out at a minimum shipping and probably return shipping.

Ed McDonnell

When in college, I took a couple semesters of Bus Law. The law was clear--no matter what the FOB terms, the shipper satisfied his obligation by giving the goods to the shipping company.

NOW, however, PayPal and credit card companies will give the purchaser a refund if they do not RECEIVE the goods. So, the shipper actually is forced to take responsibility for the shipping company's errors.

The law can say whatever it wants---as long as you can get a refund and the shipper does not get paid, you win. "The heck with the law".

Changing times!!

Hi Ed - As I understand it (and I'm not an expert and I only took 1 Bus Law course in college :wink:), if the vendor explicitly disclosed that ownership transfers to the buyer the instant the product leaves their shipping dock and they offer the buyer the option of purchasing insurance from the shipper, they can win the chargeback case with the credit card company. Without that, the vendor ends up eating it.

As the post office collapses and UPS / Fedex push cost cutting to the max, lost packages are likely to become much more common. It will be interesting to see if vendors increasingly start to include explicit disclaimers and insurance recommendations as part of the checkout process in the coming years. That's going to lead to a lot of unhappy customers though. It's difficult (but possible) collecting insurance from the Post Office, but it's almost impossible to get UPS to pay up.

Ed

Ed McDonnell

Hi Ed,
Well I'm not too helpful either. I too have used US Composites for many years. I had 2 incidents once they shipped the wrong thing (5 gal. of 249) and another there was some dirt in the bottom of 2 cans. In both cases they replace it rite away. I usually get it with-in 2 days but like you I am close.

As far as a shipping loss. I don't ship much UPS but I think they automatically cover $100.00. Over $100.00 it's up to the shipper to add or offer insurance. I briefed the UPS site about a loss claim and they (UPS) say it can take 7-10 days to conduct a search.

You do have a tracking # rite did you contact UPS also did you get 1 gal or 5 gal just curious.

I wouldn't give up on US Composites just yet. They have no choice then to wait the 10 days that UPS needs to justify the loss.

Good Luck
Bruce

Hi Bruce - At least you didn't say that it was all my fault, so that's a plus!!:)

I had ordered about 3 gallons of different types of resin plus some other stuff that totaled to about $140.

I had contacted UPS yesterday because their tracking systems just kept showing that it was on the truck for delivery and the UPS truck passed me by two days in a row. The UPS agent told me that it was most likely that the package was lost and that I should call the vendor to work things out.

I flagged down the UPS truck today and talked to the driver (who is a real nice guy). He told me that he had the paper work and his computer indicated it was on the truck, but that he had torn the truck apart twice looking for it and he was certain it wan't on the truck. Just one of those things.

As far as US Composites having no choice, I don't agree. They could have offered a replacement today with some agreement between us on what would happen if the other package eventually showed up. Is it fair that they have to ship a second package without knowing what happened to the first? No. Is is fair that I am "out of business" (I'm not really in business, so I can't actually be out of business, but still....) for a week or two while things sort out? No. Is it fair that I take my business somewhere else in the future if I'm out of business for a week or two over this? No, but that's what is going to happen.

Every business needs to decide how they handle these types of situations. I prefer to do business with vendors who put the customer first. US Composites doesn't seem to fit that description at the moment, in my very biased opinion. But maybe they will pleasantly surprise me when they call me on Friday.

Ed

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Changing times!!

Hi Ed - As I understand it (and I'm not an expert and I only took 1 Bus Law course in college :wink:), if the vendor explicitly disclosed that ownership transfers to the buyer the instant the product leaves their shipping dock and they offer the buyer the option of purchasing insurance from the shipper, they can win the chargeback case with the credit card company. Without that, the vendor ends up eating it.

As the post office collapses and UPS / Fedex push cost cutting to the max, lost packages are likely to become much more common. It will be interesting to see if vendors increasingly start to include explicit disclaimers and insurance recommendations as part of the checkout process in the coming years. That's going to lead to a lot of unhappy customers though. It's difficult (but possible) collecting insurance from the Post Office, but it's almost impossible to get UPS to pay up.

Ed
What has happened is that there has been an explosion in the amount of distance (mail order) buying. Largely due to the credit card companies, Paypal, eBay and Amazon the standard has changed. Some items shipped freight are sold FOB at the point of shipment - when they are turned over to the freight company, they belong to the buyer and if lost the buyer has to deal with the freight company who has insurance that is normally based on the weight and if you want full value you have to pay extra - the seller will usually offer this. But, typical items shipped by UPS, FedEx, USPS and etc. are owned by the shipper until delivered.

Every item I ship is sent confirmed delivery - almost no claims since starting that, where I had about 1.5/2% of shipments lost before confirmed delivery. If a package is lost, I send replacements or issue a refund because losing a chargeback is almost automatic.

I doubt that will change....if you see disclaimer's regarding shipping at a website are you going to buy there? I'm not. I even look at return policy and if it's too short, they don't sell to me.

All bets are off buying from many foreign suppliers though. Foreign sellers sell FOB their site and probably will not replace shipments lost --- unless you're a good enough customer that they really would rather eat the loss than lose your business.

Last edited:

Ed McDonnell

Unless it is specifically stated that a purchase is FOB xyz...standard in the US is that the shipper "owns" the package until it is delivered. That is why charge backs to credit cards work. The buyer can't buy insurance - it has to be purchased by the shipper and any claim has to be filed by the shipper. When I buy insurance on my shipments it is to protect me (with one noteable exception).

It would not be unusual, however, for the shipper to trace the package before reshipping. That is a perfectly reasonable business practice. I can't count how many times a customer has complained about not receiving a shipment, then a day or so later saying it arrived. If I had shipped a new order I'd have been out at a minimum shipping and probably return shipping.

Hi Smitty - In this case, I had both a UPS agent (yesterday) and my UPS driver (today) tell me that the package was most likely lost forever. I'm not an unreasonable guy. If US Composites had offered to ship me a replacement today, with the understanding that I either pay return shipping if the other show up (or pay for the second shipment), I would have considered that acceptable. But their position was "we'll get back to you by the end of the week".

I could have made a big stink and maybe have gotten different results, but I'm more the "vote with my sneakers" kind of buyer.

Thanks

Ed

Ed

Ed McDonnell

What has happened is that there has been an explosion in the amount of distance (mail order) buying. Largely due to the credit card companies, Paypal, eBay and Amazon the standard has changed. Some items shipped freight are sold FOB at the point of shipment - when they are turned over to the freight company, they belong to the buyer and if lost the buyer has to deal with the freight company who has insurance that is normally based on the weight and if you want full value you have to pay extra - the seller will usually offer this. But, typical items shipped by UPS, FedEx, USPS and etc. are owned by the shipper until delivered.

Every item I ship is sent confirmed delivery - almost no claims since starting that, where I had about 1.5/2% of shipments lost before confirmed delivery. If a package is lost, I send replacements or issue a refund because losing a chargeback is almost automatic.

I doubt that will change....if you see disclaimer's regarding shipping at a website are you going to buy there? I'm not. I even look at return policy and if it's too short, they don't sell to me.

All bets are off buying from many foreign suppliers though. Foreign sellers sell FOB their site and probably will not replace shipments lost --- unless you're a good enough customer that they really would rather eat the loss than lose your business.

Hi Smitty - I'm with you. A vendor has to have an exclusive or an insanely good price to get me to agree to any disclaimers. I hope (as a buyer) we never see the current situation (where the buyer is protected) change. But I had hoped for years that we would never be paying sales tax on internet transactions. I'm not liking how that's working out these days.

Ed

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Hi Smitty - In this case, I had both a UPS agent (yesterday) and my UPS driver (today) tell me that the package was most likely lost forever. I'm not an unreasonable guy. If US Composites had offered to ship me a replacement today, with the understanding that I either pay return shipping if the other show up (or pay for the second shipment), I would have considered that acceptable. But their position was "we'll get back to you by the end of the week".

I could have made a big stink and maybe have gotten different results, but I'm more the "vote with my sneakers" kind of buyer.

Thanks

Ed

Ed
The post office, (I don't know about USPS) says 2-3 day
delivery for priorty mail but you can't file a claim for an insured lost item for at least 2 weeks and it might be 3 weeks. In short, they might well say it's probably lost forever after a week, but will they pay off a claim -- probably not.

jbswearingen

Thanks

Ed

Ed

I didn't mean to sound rude in my prior response. My apologies; inflection is difficult to transmit in text.

In the colored text, you acknowledge that UPS lost it, that it's their fault, and yet you expect USC to make good on another company's mistake. It's this part that I don't understand.

Justturnin

This seems like a bad situation here. Can I ask, when was the ETA? Has it come and gone? I have had packages listed as on the truck or even delivered by UPS or FedEx and they show up several days later. I literally have a package on my door step from FedEx that was "on the truck" for 3 days and just got delivered.

Ed McDonnell

I didn't mean to sound rude in my prior response. My apologies; inflection is difficult to transmit in text.

In the colored text, you acknowledge that UPS lost it, that it's their fault, and yet you expect USC to make good on another company's mistake. It's this part that I don't understand.

Hi Brad - While I lay all blame on UPS in this case, I view myself as doing business with one vendor (US Composites), not two vendors (US Composites and UPS). UPS is a supplier of services to US Composites, not to me. That makes it US Composites problem. At least from my point of view (which seems to be the common view in the online sales industry at the moment).

If the resin sent were defective, I would expect US Composites to handle it and not refer me to Interplastics.

If the can the resin came in were defective and fell apart an hour after I got it, I would expect US Composites to take responsibility and not refer me to their can supplier.

If the shipper US Composites chooses to use doesn't perform, I expect US Composites to take responsibility.

I don't see any difference between a shipping company and any other supplier / sub contractor that US Composites uses.

But that's just me. I accept that others can see things differently.

Ed

Ed McDonnell

This seems like a bad situation here. Can I ask, when was the ETA? Has it come and gone? I have had packages listed as on the truck or even delivered by UPS or FedEx and they show up several days later. I literally have a package on my door step from FedEx that was "on the truck" for 3 days and just got delivered.

Hi Chris - The package was scheduled for delivery on Monday Feb 4. The UPS tracking system showed it on the truck out for delivery. That means I should have had it by 10:00am on Monday. Truck drove by but didn't stop.

The UPS truck dove by again on Tuesday with no stop. Called UPS and the agent told me the package was lost and to contact the vendor.

Today (Wednesday) I flagged down the driver as he was going by and he told me it was definitely not on the truck and that it was lost.

UPS and Fedex are overloading their drivers to save a buck and sometimes they can't make their end of day shipments. But I'm at the start of the UPS route and I don't have that particular problem with UPS. Fedex is another whole story. I'm at the end of their route and things almost always ride the truck for a day or three extra with them.

Ed

bruce119

Hi Brad - While I lay all blame on UPS in this case, I view myself as doing business with one vendor (US Composites), not two vendors (US Composites and UPS). UPS is a supplier of services to US Composites, not to me. That makes it US Composites problem. At least from my point of view (which seems to be the common view in the online sales industry at the moment).

If the resin sent were defective, I would expect US Composites to handle it and not refer me to Interplastics.

If the can the resin came in were defective and fell apart an hour after I got it, I would expect US Composites to take responsibility and not refer me to their can supplier.

If the shipper US Composites chooses to use doesn't perform, I expect US Composites to take responsibility.

I don't see any difference between a shipping company and any other supplier / sub contractor that US Composites uses.

Ed

Ed, this is a tough one, Ultimately I think it is the vendor that will pay the price (doesn't help you in the mean time). Now it's only been 2 days late and I doubt it will show up. US Composites has to wait a certain amount of time before fileing a claim and UPS takes responsibility. Once UPS takes responsibility, I truly believe you will get your product or refund (I know that don't help you) This is going to take 2 weeks to clear up.

What I would do is order just what I needed from US C. or another vendor you will be out of shipping $$ but back in business. I would call US C. Friday early afternoon talk to them, find out the status and how they plan to correct it. Communication is very important did you reflect how much of a set-back this loss was. Did you try to make some sort of deal, with a larger company (my way of thinking) when there is a problem you got to stand up and make yourself noticed or you get shuffled aside. That's not really there fault when things are busy the pile stacks up high and you fall to the bottom.

I'm rambling now, I'm sure it will work out
In Time :redface:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have had UPS packages brought to me by someone who has the same house number on a different street. My package was left at their house and they were kind enough to deliver it. They could have just kept it. Usually - but not always "out for delivery" means on the delivery truck. I've had shipments show "out for delivery" then a couple of hours later show "at sort facility" and the next day show "out for delivery" again.

bruce119

I have had UPS packages brought to me by someone who has the same house number on a different street. My package was left at their house and they were kind enough to deliver it. They could have just kept it. Usually - but not always "out for delivery" means on the delivery truck. I've had shipments show "out for delivery" then a couple of hours later show "at sort facility" and the next day show "out for delivery" again.

I had that happen also. I like UPS there tracking, for me anyway, is spot on. The driver is another story I had packages left at the door had no idea it was there (FedEx is worse they never ring or knock). I check the tracking and it says delivered, I look outside and there it is.

At least your's still says out for delivery (you still got a leg to stand on) now if said delivered then I would defiantly worry.

Hang in there let us know what happens Friday when you hear from or call them.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
You know that sometimes they 'find' the lost forever too. I've had that happen with USPS - scanned into my local post office but never delivered. They swore for 3 phone calls that it wasn't there and must have gotten lost - then I got the carrier for my route and had her look...sure enough hidden behind something there it was.

LagniappeRob

If you didn't purchase insurance on the goods, then US Composites owes you nothing more. ...

I just ordered from them and didn't see an option to purchase insurance.
Per the MasterCard Merchant terms I must decline insurance or sign a waiver, or they are covering it to my door otherwise I have the right to issue a chargeback with reason code 4855 - "non-receipt of goods". When they agreed to the merchant account, they entered into a contractual agreement for accepting the MC I used. (I agreed to the same when I took mine.)

Edit - BTW, failing to do so can put their merchant account in jeopardy... something they don't want to do.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
It seems that the complaint is not that they did not accept responsibility but that they did not move fast enough in shipping a replacement order.

I can promise my customers that their order will ship either the same or the next business day - but I can make no promises about the delivery date. Sometimes I ship one day and the customer gets it the next, and sometimes it takes a week (rarely even longer and has been as much as 20 days) even for priority mail which USPS says 2-3 business days. I am responsible to replace lost items, but I am not responsible for delay's in delivery.

So far, I have not seen where the vendor actually did anything wrong. There might be room to say their customer service could be better but
that's all.

Ed McDonnell

It seems that the complaint is not that they did not accept responsibility but that they did not move fast enough in shipping a replacement order.

I can promise my customers that their order will ship either the same or the next business day - but I can make no promises about the delivery date. Sometimes I ship one day and the customer gets it the next, and sometimes it takes a week (rarely even longer and has been as much as 20 days) even for priority mail which USPS says 2-3 business days. I am responsible to replace lost items, but I am not responsible for delay's in delivery.

So far, I have not seen where the vendor actually did anything wrong. There might be room to say their customer service could be better but
that's all.

I started this thread to get some help with finding an alternate vendor, not to bash US Composites. US Composites products and prices have always been good for me in the past. However, I am not satisfied at the moment with their customer service and that has caused me to look for an alternate supplier today.

I placed an order with Illstreet composites this afternoon. I appreciate those who posted to help me find the products I couldn't find when I first checked their website earlier today.

This thread has served it's purpose as well as provided additional interesting discussion for me. Thanks to all who participated. Now I think it is time to put it to bed. I'll post thoughts later on how I think Illstreet Composites compares to US Composites. And if there are any significant developments on my wayward shipment I'll provide an update. Until then, I'm signing off this thread.

Thanks,

Ed

Last edited:

yort81

If you didn't purchase insurance on the goods, then US Composites owes you nothing more. [jbswearingen]

Brad...I understand your thought here.... but say that you had ordered from this company and they allowed COD (they dont allow it...but let's just say they did) And the order is lost by UPS... USPS or Fedex .... Would you still pay then..or even be obligated by law to pay? I know that i surely would not pay, personally!

Also, under the same COD circumstances... since they said that they would deliver by a certain time frame and or date.... Could you not just order again (COD of course) and let them sort out their shipping issues? And let's just say that the first order showed up a week LATE (not later..but a week late) Would you be justified in refusing that order? I know i would.

And Again... Assume that you are now that vendor....NOW that you have to assume the loss of product.. and also PAY that shipping company to lose your product.... and now you have an upset customer... would you not at least insure those packages (you would of course pass that cost on to customers) or seek another shipping company?

Just thoughts from the other side of the coin. :music:

jbswearingen

No, I wouldn't be required to pay; the vendor would need to go after the shipping company for losing the shipment. That's how I understand the law; I might be mistaken.

I am a vendor, on a small scale. My REQUIREMENT for replacing goods is on either end of shipping--if I send a faulty product or I don't send it at all. If the buyer doesn't want insurance, it's on them if it's lost.

To save my good name, though, I will put an effort into finding/replacing what is lost, but it is not REQUIRED of me.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
No, I wouldn't be required to pay; the vendor would need to go after the shipping company for losing the shipment. That's how I understand the law; I might be mistaken.

I am a vendor, on a small scale. My REQUIREMENT for replacing goods is on either end of shipping--if I send a faulty product or I don't send it at all. If the buyer doesn't want insurance, it's on them if it's lost.

To save my good name, though, I will put an effort into finding/replacing what is lost, but it is not REQUIRED of me.
You're right on COD - the buyer is not responsible for anything until the item is delivered and they pay for it. COD is a pending sale.

It is if you use Paypal or credit cards - they will accept "did not receive" charge backs. That is true even if you tell the buyer they are responsible once the item is shipped.

Last edited:

crabcreekind

When I was buying PR, I got it from woodnwhimsies. I know they only sell it by the quart. But when I did the math, of the shipping money from USComposites, after I ordered 2 gallons from them. I found that I could get the same amount, for about the same price. Plus woodwhimisies containers are much easier to use than gallon containers.

SDB777

Got a question....or four:wink:

When did you order?
Did they send you any tracking information?
Where does the package last show being scanned?
Have you tried contacting the shipping entity with that information to see if they can look around?

Scott (just wondering since noone asked) B

babyblues

Is this the first time something like this has happened? If not, I wouldn't be so quick to leave them. If this was one in a long list of incidents, I could understand. See, I work in retail and I absolutely cannot stand the entitled attitude we as consumers have adopted toward sellers. We expect nothing short of perfection from them and are ready and willing, dare I say eager, to castrate them at the slightest inconvenience for us. I think it's fair to say we all would appreciate understanding and patience from our customers so why not extend that same courtesy to the vendors we use? Vendors rely on the goodwill of their customers. It's downright boorish to hold that goodwill over their head every time we're inconvenienced by something.

Now, I'm not saying that you've done this to them, instead I'm admonishing all of us to carefully consider how we react to these kinds of problems in the future.

babyblues

Ed

I apologize ahead of time if this sounds confrontational, but US Composites is in no way obligated to live up to your expectations. If you accept that others can see things differently, than why is it so hard to accept that US Composites might see it differently? It's reasonable to expect that US Composites take responsibility for the supplies that they use in either manufacturing or packaging their product. However, it is NOT reasonable to hold them to the same responsibility for the shipping company they use. A shipping company provides a service not a product. That's the difference.

Plus, consider the sheer volume of packages that get shipped every day. It's only logical that some of them are going to get lost, or at the very least delayed. That's all well and good until it affects us personally, then there's hell to pay. I think that we as customers are also responsible for the way we behave. Vendors don't shoulder all of the responsibility alone.

Top Bottom