• 2015-12-10 11.13.00.jpg
    2015-12-10 11.13.00.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 361
  • 2015-12-10 11.11.28.jpg
    2015-12-10 11.11.28.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 350
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That makes a really nice pen !!! . What kind of material is the faux jade ? Acrylic ? TruStone ?

Ric

Hello Russell, I would be quite interested in how you were able to make your "Faux Jade" pen, could you tell us a little about the process. I am especially interested in the medium you used. Is it a composite like "Tru-stone"?
I have been trying to "successfully" make a pen out of real jade, & have not been able to completely finish one yet without it breaking.
Thanks for posting your pen...Ric.
"IF LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS...MAKE MOJITOS !"

Chromey

Hello Russell, I would be quite interested in how you were able to make your "Faux Jade" pen, could you tell us a little about the process. I am especially interested in the medium you used. Is it a composite like "Tru-stone"?
I have been trying to "successfully" make a pen out of real jade, & have not been able to completely finish one yet without it breaking.
Thanks for posting your pen...Ric.
"IF LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS...MAKE MOJITOS !"

This was an acrylic from Exotic blanks. Search blanks by color (green) they have a few faux jade products http://www.exoticblanks.com/Havana-Jade-Acrylic-Resin-choose-length.html

Last edited:

Ric

Thank you for the lead Russell. I went to that site you mentioned "Exotic blanks" & saw many things that interest me. Their pricing is a lot more competitive on the simple day to day items like A.A. Blanks, even some of their more exotic stuff has some of the other suppliers beat...Thanks again. It's been a pleasure conversing with you...Ric.
'IF LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS...MAKE MOJITOS"

Top Bottom