Fargo ND USA Every start is a new beginning.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rrumohr1

Greetings
Humbled by the artistry of the members work I have had a chance to see. But excited too as my limited turning experience has given me some great results.
I was led here by John Carlisle and thankful for his assistance in jump starting my project and directing me to such a deep well of knowledge.

I have whittled and carved some. Worked construction and cabinet building in the past but spine issues are being compounded by that posture and use of hands. But the need for working with wood is a heritage. My Grandfathers were craftsmen and supplemented their retirement with projects of all kinds. I hope to do the same and supplement my disability too. And pass on the love of chips and sawdust to my grandchildren too. Smells so much better than hot computer components.

Look forward to chatting and potentially having a cup with new friends.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Rob, welcome from San Antonio.
I wonder how many on this site began their "heritage" in woodworking with their grandfathers? I am forever grateful for all that mine taught me.
Spend some time in the IAP Library and start with the tab at the top - "Wiki".
Enjoy your stay.
gordon

TonyL

Welcome! Spent 10 days in Fargo in 1995 and loved it.
It was one of the few cities where every meal I ordered came with a side of steak :).
The people were amazingly friendly. Also first time I saw a bison. Welcome!

CraftyNana

I, being a retired corporate administrative assistant (30 years) and 11 years as a computer teacher in public high school and community college, DEFINITELY agree with the better smell of wood and woodchips than anything electronic/computer. With 10 grandchildren, I hope to pass on the love of creativity with wood, paint, whatever rather than a "thrill" of strengthening their thumbs on texting or playing computer games, etc.

plano_harry

Hi Rob! Welcome from Texas!
Texas_120-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Top Bottom