Fall/Winter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

scotirish

Our confirmed schedule is:
1. October 22, 2017 (Location: 17999 Red Oaks Dr. Macomb Twp., MI 48044 - Ron's house)
2. April 22, 2018 (Location: To be determined, we are open for anyone who wishes to volunteer their Shop/Studio.)

Time:
• 1:30 - Pre-Meeting Tutorial for New Pen Turners
• 2:00 start time for the meeting
Our agenda will take us to 4:30-ish, then we "talk shop" for as long as it takes. (See details below.)

Food: As a group, we've been pretty good about snacks. Please discuss in the other thread who will volunteer to bring what.

Directions: Use Mapping / GPS tools for detailed directions from your location. Meeting location is at my house, but if you want to volunteer your location all you have to do is say (type) something in the discussion thread.

Typical Agenda:
• (Pre-Meeting Tutorial - Starts at 1:30)
• Introductions (Starts at 2:00)
• Raffle Ticket Sales: $5 each (there's no need to buy more than one, no requirement to participate)
• Business
o Update on our funds (which is always 0$ since Jim spends the previous meetings raffle income to buy things for the current meeting)
o Anything else if/when needed
• Show and Tell:
o Everyone should plan on telling at least one story or ask one question
o If you don't have any new pens ... then bring something else
• Shop Talk (talk about your 'shop')
• Story Telling (kind of like fishing stories, only about turning and flat work)
• Swap & Shop - If you bring anything to trade or sell, this is the time to explain them.
• Parts Exchange - An extension of Swap & Trade, but is specific to pen kits parts
• Raffle
• Demo 1 – Basic bowl/form segmenting using a sled and "East-Seg" templates. Stomper etc.
• Demo 2 "Lichtenberg Fractals"
Raffle Notes: $5 per ticket gets you a something from the table (no need to buy more than one ticket). Everyone is encouraged to bring a trinket to throw on the table.

Check out the http://www.penturners.org/forum/f90/...ussion-127090/ thread where you can provide suggestions, ask questions, and perhaps volunteer to demonstrate.

For questions, contact:

Ron at ...
IAP: scotirish
email: rblack002@comcast.net
586-530-6308 (cell)

Extra note: The General Meeting will be held in my garage, I will put a space heater in the morning so it will be somewhat warm. However, given that the meeting is in late October bring a coat, just in case. I have eight plastic chairs, as we don't know how many will come it may be wise to bring a folding chair to sit on. As my Shop/Studio is in the basement we do have a "Chair Lift" that can be used if anyone need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotirish

Welcome to the site! :biggrin: Our October meeting is at my shop/studio and that is in Macomb Twp. I will be sending another announcement with the address and schedule. If you would like to send me you e-mail address I will add it to our list, but do so thruu a private message. Hope to see you at the meeting.
Ron

scotirish

I have two kinds of chips and two kinds of dip, also have a meat & cheese tray. Anything else anyone wants to bring will be appreciated. As to the table for the "Door Prizes" I have a number of items DVD/Blu ray player, small TV and simple DVD player (great for in the shop/studio) overhead heater and a copula of boxes of cabinet grade maple cutoffs from a local cabinet shop. :eek::eek:

Leo S. Long

Just to let you know I will not be able to make it to the meeting today. I am down and out with a bad cold. Was looking forward to it but I guess we can't make it to everything we want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom