Fall meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

scotirish

We have an issue! Our next meeting is scheduled for October 27th at Phil's house. Both Phil & I are members of DAW. :eek::eek: Our scheduled meeting of the DAW is changed from the 20th to the 27th. :redface::redface: Some of us cannot make it on the 27th. Perhaps a date change is in order? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Ron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pesbes

Meeting Conflict

Unfortunately, many of us are in the same boat and the DAW has no choice but to move their meeting as the meeting room is just not available on the 20th. As an officer in the DAW it is a problem for me not being at the meeting, but I agreed to be the host, so I will stick with it and host the meeting at my place on the 27th. Members of the two groups will need to pick between the my CNC demo and the lidded box demo at the DAW. If you are planning to come to the Pen Turning meeting, please go to the other thread and let us know you are coming.

Thanks,
Phil

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Stay the course

Thanks Phil for sticking with your hosting duties and CNC demo.

Its too bad the conflict came up but I'm reluctant to change the IAP date. About 2 years ago we were in the habit of changing dates in attempts to avoid schedule conflict, but all we did was to bump into other conflicts, surprise people with short notice changes, etc. Attendance dropped off and frustrations were high. As a remedy, we all agreed to set a schedule and stick to it even if some key people couldn't make the meeting. Staying the course has helped tremendously. Attendance has rebounded (even reached new highs).

It is my understanding that the DAW change is a one-time thing. If it were a permanent change we could adapt (I'll have a schedule for 2014 to discuss at the meeting), but it isn't a permanent change, so there isn't much I can do.

Hope to see everyone on the 27th ... but for the DAW members, we understand and will see you next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom