Faceted lizard skin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

Here is a fun pen I finished up recently: it's a slim 12-sided pen in black acrylic and vintage "lizard skin" cellulose acetate. This was a practice run of an order I have from a friend, for an identical pen, except with green lizard skin. The reason I did this mock up was because I don't have much of the green lizard skin, but plenty of blue, and the material is borderline too small for my normal diameter faceted pens (hence the "slim"). Due to the inner diameter of the lizard skin tube, I had to make a black barrel finial that was decently long, as not to cut through the wall of the tube as the pen tapered, but that's ok because I am a fan of long finials. The cap is solid black acrylic as well. If you can't tell, I really enjoy black acrylic. I made the clip and section band from Argentium silver. The cap thread diameter is about 1/2", and has double lead threads. Over all length is about 5" from nib to barrel end. Nib is a jowo 6.
41C98B75-5759-4248-B43A-A94FEB5DC872.jpeg
B6BB1ACB-4C9B-4BBD-A72C-C90692445A02.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Love your faceting I have been researching and making devices as we speak,I have been using my own invention for thirty years now.

Lovely smooth pen John,Also like a long finial,you go further vthan most of us even making your own style clips,more power to you mate.

Top Bottom