Faceted Ebonite Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Teodor

Teodor

Hi all,

One morning the dividing plate jigg was on my way and a brilliant idea to make a different pen come together .....after a couple as of hours of sweating finished it.
Nikko Ebonite, 10 facets in the cap, 12 on the barrel, of course the reversed faceted.
It's a complete nightmare to sand and polish them šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.
Nice day
Teo

PenTeo Samurai Faceted Mottled Green1.jpg
PenTeo Samurai Faceted Mottled Green2.jpg
PenTeo Samurai Faceted Mottled Green3.jpg
PenTeo Samurai Faceted Mottled Green4.jpg
PenTeo Samurai Faceted Mottled Green5.jpg

magpens

B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L work !!!!!

But, please ..... why 10 on the cap and 12 on the barrel ? . Why not the same on both ?

Or .... does making them different .... as you have .... maybe that gets around a potential "problem" ......

..... the "problem" being the alignment ..... I guess it's easier to have an unequal number of facets on the two parts of the pen so you don't even think about alignment of the facet pattern on one barrel with the pattern on the other.

I'd be interested in knowing other opinions about this.

What I REALLY DO LIKE, is the way the facet pattern changes along the length of both barrels ..... that is quite stunning !!!
Is that what you mean by the "reverse" faceting ?

Last edited:

Teodor

B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L work !!!!!

But, please ..... why 10 on the cap and 12 on the barrel ? . Why not the same on both ?

Or .... does making them different .... as you have .... maybe that gets around a potential "problem" ......

..... the "problem" being the alignment ..... I guess it's easier to have an unequal number of facets on the two parts of the pen so you don't even think about alignment of the facet pattern on one barrel with the pattern on the other.

I'd be interested in knowing other opinions about this.

What I REALLY DO LIKE, is the way the facet pattern changes along the length of both barrels ..... that is quite stunning !!!
Is that what you mean by the "reverse" faceting ?
You got it there, the alignment will be an issue given the I have a bigger cap than the barrel, also I have a triple thread so 3 possibilities to mess with and I had to make it different from other pens.....people are always trying to find things to comment.

Top Bottom