Face to Face with a Memeber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Well in short I am pretty much tickled out of my skin.
We finally have a member that lives so close to me I should be sweeping his wood chips out of my shop.
Marc (yep that is his IAP handle) Is within walking distance of my house and since he lives up on a hill I can probably see his house from mine if I hold my mouth right.
He stopped by yesterday on his way home from work ( He pretty much drives right by my house on the way home) and we had a great little visit. Mainly I wanted him to know what resources he has right around the corner. and ended up with a since that we will be great friends. We seem to have a very similar since of humor and he seemed comfortable in my laid back I make my own rules lifestyle. Poor Marc had to climb over broken vehicles, survive the trip thorugh my house and even managed to battle his way through a complete tour of my shop. He never complained once or broke any ankles or anything. He came bearing gifts in the form of a couple of pen blanks, these will of course become a part of my personal collection. I really do like having gifted balnks for my collection of pens. it really makes the collection a makeup of my entire penturning experience. it includes not only the pens I make but the people that help me make them.

I gave him a piece of African Blackwood, but the greatest gift I think we both got out of it all is knowing that there is anouther flesh and blood person just around the corner that is just as addicted as we are. Now when I get that look from my wife I can say "But Marc has one".

I plan to go invade his santuary this weekend.
Don't tell him though I want it to be a surprise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

I plan to go invade his santuary this weekend.
Don't tell him though I want it to be a surprise

Daniel,

It is always great to find new friends that share the same addiction and to have him live so close is even better.

BTW, I don't think that it will be a surprise since you posted it on this forum.....:rolleyes:

wudnhed

LOL, glad you had fun, Daniel! Must be nice to talk with someone one on one and share ideas etc. I now envision blanks being thrown across the neighborhood :wink::biggrin:.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Congratulations Daniel. Glad to hear you have a turning buddy near by. BTW, you were the first Pen Turner that I met face to face!

RAdams

Banned
I have to travel about an hour and a half.... but the person on the other end of that hour and a half is a TRUE MASTER... Allthough i don't think he likes me as much as you like your new friend!!! I am kinda rough around the edges... not to mention i am a young punk.

Marc

It is awesome having a fellow pen turner nearby. Daniel is a pro and I am such a rookie. I will be learning lots from him.

Thank you for those that have warned about my upcoming duties to help Daniel with the group buying chores. Glad to pitch in.

Daniel is going to be surprised if he dropped by this last weekend. I was driving from Amarillo to Sun City AZ. It's my annual trip to help my folks move between summer with my brother and his wife in Kansas and their permanent home in Sun City.

It is only 108 here today (Monday) and I am currently typing away in the local Starbucks because my folks don't have internet. It's a good break from cleaning windows, kitchen, floors, etc and doing all the grocery shopping. They are getting the most out of my visit. LOL

Back to Reno Wednesday - I can hear my lathe calling......

Top Bottom