Face Mask

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Madman1978

I am looking for a full facemask. However, I need one that will allow me to wear my glasses ( Can't see anything close up without them)

Any suggestions? and under $100

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

I know a lot of people that use this one. I personally don't trust most of the shields out there and have other options I use.

UVEX Bionic Face Shield

I have the Uvex Bionic shield - works very well, I can wear my prescription safety glasses and my 3M respirator underneath with no problems.

I particularly like the fact that the frame comes down and rests on my sternum - so even if something hits it, the visor isn't going to flatten into my face the way it might if there's no frame.

ccccchunt

I had a BAD experience about 15 years ago. Medium size bowl traveling at "too many" RPMs slammed into my face shield when my mortise let loose. VERY bruised side of face and broken clavicle later................... Now I actually turn with a LaCrosse helmet on. Laugh if you will - but I'm much safer now.

lorbay

I believe the OP was asking about a full face mask NOT a face shield 😳😳😳
not for under $100 though.
Lin

Attachments

• F4ECEBEC-4E02-4BD4-8232-63CD78009410.jpeg
    F4ECEBEC-4E02-4BD4-8232-63CD78009410.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 128

Curly

None of the full face respirators work with your glasses. There are some brands like 3M that have an optional spectacle frame that clips into the mask that you get your optometrist to fit prescription lenses into. As you can imagine not a cheap solution. Oh. The beard has to come off.

The cheapest solution is to find a comfortable half mask respirator and a face shield like the suggested Bionic. Oh. You got to cut the lawn off your face to make that work too.

That leaves you with powered respirators that blow filtered air over your face. Also not cheap. You can keep the beard though.

Your last but most expensive option is to spend lots and lots of money on a 5hp cyclone, (like a Clear Vue) 6" minimum ducting allowing you to work with just a face shield. Some chips may not get picked up but the fine dust will.

Who could have imagined making a little thing like a pen could be so costly or complicated?

Pete

Top Bottom