Experimental

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I have been in a experimental mood lately. Today's experiment was to test out a new finish (new to me that is), and to further play with modifying slimlines.
0FC217C4-5968-4045-87B6-0B3C753D65F9.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Definitely like the mod. Does not even look like a typical slimline with that silly small waste band (center ring). What is the finishing technique you are working on??

sorcerertd

That's sharp! I really like the finial, reminds me of the Berea flat top. It makes this look like a completely different type of slim. I see the upper barrel is notched for the clip, too. Did you build that around the stock pieces of the kit?

Cwalker935

That's sharp! I really like the finial, reminds me of the Berea flat top. It makes this look like a completely different type of slim. I see the upper barrel is notched for the clip, too. Did you build that around the stock pieces of the kit?
I used the clip and nose cone from the kit. I recessed and notched the upper barrel to hide the clip ring.

Cwalker935

So the clip is still held in place by the kit piece, right? Recessed enough to add the cap?
No, I turned a reduced section on the finial to fit into the regular pen tube, cut a recess into the top of the upper section that the ring on the clip would fit into, cut a notch in the ring around the recess for the clip so that the clip would fit flush into the recess and glued the finial into the tub.

sorcerertd

No, I turned a reduced section on the finial to fit into the regular pen tube, cut a recess into the top of the upper section that the ring on the clip would fit into, cut a notch in the ring around the recess for the clip so that the clip would fit flush into the recess and glued the finial into the tub.
Ah, now I get it. Thanks. Probably won't see me doing that in the near future, but it will be stashed away in the idea vault. I've kicked around the idea of a custom finial for the euro style slimlines for a while now. One of these days...

Top Bottom