"ExoticBlanks.com" will be down for a couple hours

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
After months of preparation, the moment of truth has arrived!!

Our website will be "closed" later today, we expect about 7 PM. We expect to be live again by 10 PM.
We will be "moving" the site to new software which will make Exotics more responsive and enhance our security.

So, if you try to visit, don't be alarmed.

We will be BACK SOON!!

Dawn & Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

I don't know that i've ever seen a software change go as well as expected--but they always finish. Best wishes on being able to get some sleep tonight!!
earl

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
popcorn.gif

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I connected ok, and looked around. No problems.
It is supposed to be a good deal faster to load, but, of course none of the pages will be in your cache yet. So, if you notice better or worse speed, we would be interested in knowing.

magpens

I'm in !!! . And I even had to go through the "Reset Password ordeal" so we know that that works also !!

Congratulations on the successful transition !!

VA Jim

It does seems faster. Really like the paler image for out of stock items - 5 stars for that alone.
What's the best way to report problems (i.e. broken links)? The webpage 'contact us' or email to sales?
Only found one so far (the 'Guest Artists' on the home page goes to product or page not found).

nobdyspecial

It does seems faster. Really like the paler image for out of stock items - 5 stars for that alone.
What's the best way to report problems (i.e. broken links)? The webpage 'contact us' or email to sales?
Only found one so far (the 'Guest Artists' on the home page goes to product or page not found).
Yes, the new Out of Stock images are fantastic

hilltopper46

I like that you can filter by price, but it's frustrating to use that feature because, when I see a style I want to read about and click on it, after I am finished, when I hit the back button, it resets to the full list of ballpoint pens. The filter still shows, but the full list is displayed.

Also, when I hover over a pen style a box pops up around it with some choices - I'm not sure where to click. Quick View does not give me the full details about the pen, I need to go down and click on the pen name for full details. To me this is not intuitive and on my screen real estate I sometimes need to move to the scroll bar and scroll down BEFORE I can click on the pen name to learn more about the pen.

And for me, I'm not noticing any increase in speed - If I know what I want to order it may be quicker to navigate to the pen and order it, but for browsing I don't see any real increase.

This is intended to be helpful, not whiny.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I like that you can filter by price, but it's frustrating to use that feature because, when I see a style I want to read about and click on it, after I am finished, when I hit the back button, it resets to the full list of ballpoint pens. The filter still shows, but the full list is displayed.

Also, when I hover over a pen style a box pops up around it with some choices - I'm not sure where to click. Quick View does not give me the full details about the pen, I need to go down and click on the pen name for full details. To me this is not intuitive and on my screen real estate I sometimes need to move to the scroll bar and scroll down BEFORE I can click on the pen name to learn more about the pen.

And for me, I'm not noticing any increase in speed - If I know what I want to order it may be quicker to navigate to the pen and order it, but for browsing I don't see any real increase.

This is intended to be helpful, not whiny.
All feedback is helpful Tony!

That filter thing looks like a bug in the software.. annoying for sure .. .You have to hit search again to re-filter. That ones worth a bug report to the software maker. I'll help Dawn describe that to them.

For what you are describing, you might like one of the alternate views, I'm a fan of the "list view" over the grid. Give that a shot by trying out the other views (image below shows where to click):

hilltopper46

Thanks Dean, I'll give it a try!

All feedback is helpful Tony!

That filter thing looks like a bug in the software.. annoying for sure .. .You have to hit search again to re-filter. That ones worth a bug report to the software maker. I'll help Dawn describe that to them.

For what you are describing, you might like one of the alternate views, I'm a fan of the "list view" over the grid. Give that a shot by trying out the other views (image below shows where to click):
View attachment 220924

Top Bottom