Exotic wood import business in the Eastern US?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I've got a project going where I need to be able to source unusually figured wood, and I've been told to look into some of the more exotic species as they offer a much larger range of figuring and color compared to our domestic species.

Only question is...what are some of the major exotic wood import businesses on the East coast of the US? Or what cities I should look to find them? I'm thinking coastal port cities but honestly I'd go anywhere in the Eastern US if that's where the wood is.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

I'm not sure what all this guy has, but from what I've seen he has some amazing Fordite and burls etc. Look up Erik Renstrom "Tree Daddy" group on Facebook. His Fordite is incredible and $$ and the wood I've seen looks to be high quality too.

hokie

I know Exotic Lumber in Annapolis, MD imports tons of wood from around the world. It's my go-to place for an amazing variety and quality. Every time I go, I see crates upon crates of wood with "port of Baltimore" markings in their warehouse. They don't just buy little bits here and there. The owner personally visits the countries to make many of his purchases.
The pen I made featured last year came from Amboyna burl purchased from Exotic Lumber.

Well big time REVISION here. I was just suggested in another forum to look for exotic wood sheets of veneer and that's absolutely what I'll be going with. So much more cost effective and the variations are endless. If anyone has suggestions for exotic veneer providers I'd love to hear about them.

I've got a project going where I need to be able to source unusually figured wood, and I've been told to look into some of the more exotic species as they offer a much larger range of figuring and color compared to our domestic species.

Only question is...what are some of the major exotic wood import businesses on the East coast of the US? Or what cities I should look to find them? I'm thinking coastal port cities but honestly I'd go anywhere in the Eastern US if that's where the wood is.

Thanks!
If you're not adverse to a short drive, try JEFFRIES WOODWORKS on Chapman highway in Knoxville.

turff49

Constantines Wood Center in Oakland Park Florida. They've been in business since the 1950's, maybe even before that. I remember getting their catalogs back in the early 80's and they had everything.

Top Bottom