Exotic Blanks-1st Timer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

truittsosebee

I know, some people get tired of hearing compliments about Exotic Blanks. However, when people run a business the way that Dawn and Ed do, thats to be expected. I placed an order last week for one pen blank, one pen kit, one set of bushings, one package of ink refills, and one Heritance nib. Not a high dollar order for sure. I sent Ed an e-mail asking some advice for the particular blank I ordered and received an answer in about 10 minutes. That same day, I recieved an e-mail letting me know that my order had shipped. When I recieved the package (just a couple of days later), I had not 1 but 2 "freebies" in the box! And they weren't some junk they had lying around, they were GOOD stuff. I think from my e-mailed question, Ed surmised that I could potentially have trouble with the relatively expensive blank I ordered and sent along two similar blanks for me to practice with! I guess I'll know where I'll be ordering from in the future!
BTW- Thanks for the advice Ed, the Casein turned like butter for me!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I know, some people get tired of hearing compliments about Exotic Blanks. However, when people run a business the way that Dawn and Ed do, thats to be expected. I placed an order last week for one pen blank, one pen kit, one set of bushings, one package of ink refills, and one Heritance nib. Not a high dollar order for sure. I sent Ed an e-mail asking some advice for the particular blank I ordered and received an answer in about 10 minutes. That same day, I recieved an e-mail letting me know that my order had shipped. When I recieved the package (just a couple of days later), I had not 1 but 2 "freebies" in the box! And they weren't some junk they had lying around, they were GOOD stuff. I think from my e-mailed question, Ed surmised that I could potentially have trouble with the relatively expensive blank I ordered and sent along two similar blanks for me to practice with! I guess I'll know where I'll be ordering from in the future!
BTW- Thanks for the advice Ed, the Casein turned like butter for me!

Thanks Truitt!!

You are correct!!! After our conversation, I thought you might have some difficulties. So, the extra blanks were "insurance" that you could learn a few things without ruining the casein.

Yes, some here have complained about the number of comments that are made about "exotics". You have NO IDEA how much satisfaction I gain from your note here!!

I enjoy time talking to turners (some days a couple hours). But, when I see someone say, "IT WORKED!!"

THAT makes my day.

Thanks a lot!!! and anyone who wants to call me, feel free.

Karin Voorhis

Its great recommendation like this that have gotten me talking Biz with Ed and Dawn and both hoping and planning things to work out and we become great biz and custom relationship together Very soon!!!!!!

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Yup. I'm not one of their "big money" customers either. But they have always been so great about everything!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yup. I'm not one of their "big money" customers either. But they have always been so great about everything!

Cathy,

Some people order MORE, some order LESS, but they are all ordering from US!!

We are grateful and hope to treat all customers as the "good friends" we hope they will become!

rcflyer23

I will second this. I just made my first order from them last week and got a freebie totally unexpected. The great thing is that it was one of the blanks I was considering ordering on my next order. The blanks I got are great looking. Thanks Ed and Dawn. I will be a regular customer. Plus my wife loved them and is excited to see them turned into pens.

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Ed has helped me several times and some of the blanks he sells are real popular with my friends, family, and customers. What a pleasure to deal with. His pheasant blanks are beautiful and the women in my family love his heart blanks. Thanks Ed.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Ed and Dawn are the type you can call if you have any questions/problems. I've talked with Ed several times. Dawn was very helpful last summer with my attempts to learn casting.
I don't know of very many other vendors like this.
Dave

RAdams

Banned
I know i am excited to place an order VERY SOON! I don't care what the "Haters" say.

RAdams

Banned
rofl. Yes, But until it gets here, I can only imagine how purdy it is!

jasontg99

I am another VERY satisfied Exotic Blanks customer. I can not say enough good things about Ed and Dawn. When he says he talks to and helps customers for long periods of time, he is not joking. He helped me quite a bit with some finishing tips. And Dawn is VERY patient and understanding. I am sure she wanted to pull out her hair with all my changing and adding to my orders. Thanks you two! I will continue to shop Exotic Blanks. Now....if you can just get some of those "Beautiful Burls" in stock...... :biggrin:

bitshird

I have nothing but Praise for Exotics, I've ordered from them and Ed, (consider his advanced age) and his Lovely better half Dawn, have given service that is incredible, also I have to admire any one that runs a business with that kind of service, and continues to bring new and exciting things to us.

RAdams

Banned
You would almost get the impression that they do it because they love us!!! I am excited to make my first order, which should be as soon as i return from Kentucky! Look out Ed! I will probably have more questions than anyone in history!

hughbie

i had trouble with a zebra blank from Ed about a year or so ago....i talked with him on the phone and needless to say, he even sent me another so i could get it right.
i do have to say, his advise started by......"i'll send you another blank, but....you have to do exactly as i tell you to do when you get it."

well, i wasn't going to have him come looking me up to whip me or something....so i did.

it turned out perfect......and my daughter loved the gift.

THANKS ED!

khogan16

I love exotic blanks, Every blank I got from them has been beautiful. Not hard to sell something when they look that good.

Karin Voorhis

Hey Ed if you find everything we need that is in that safe palce to make my order I am very much looking forward to becoming yet another satisfied customer!!!

RAdams

Banned
I ordered two blanks on Saturday. Before i ordered my blanks, I made an order with CSUSA. The order thru Exotic went through first! It was just two little measley blanks... Wouldn't suprise me at all if it arrived well before the CSUSA package. what service!!! Keep up the good work Ed and Dawn!

Top Bottom