Exhibition Grade Fiddleback Curly Maple Pen Blanks, Stabilized & Non-Stabilized

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Benpen

Hello!

I bought a huge board of fiddleback curly maple a while ago. I've been stabilizing some and they look outstanding. As I will probably never use all of them... here they are for sale cheaper than you could find them most anywhere.

Each set is 4 blanks and the shipping is $4 I have five sets of the stabilized and 3 sets of non-stabilized for sale. Stabilized are TEAL and Electric Blue. They measure 3/4 by 3/4 by 5 and 1/4 inches.

Stabilized are $5 each and the plain are $3 each. I will combine shipping if you want more.

Check out the pictures and reply with any questions

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8638.jpg
    IMG_8638.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_8635.jpg
    IMG_8635.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_8642.jpg
    IMG_8642.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Ben, how is the coloring throughout the blank, is it constant all the way through? Would you have a blank that has been cut in half, or a pen that was made with one? I like the colors you have, and, I would want that same color once the pen was turned. Some blanks I've turned in the past, changed a lot in color as they got closer to the size needed. I don't need blanks that are like that, I need blanks that are a solid color when turned, as they were when 3/4" square.

Len

Len

Benpen

I know exactly what you mean. Stabilizing involves a little bit of hope that the air will escape and resin will find its way!!! I bought some from penn state once that were pretty sparse when it got to the slimline size pen.

As far as mine go, I've noticed the blue dye saturates better than the green, but they are all pretty good. I suggest starting with the blue and seeing if you like them.

I just cut and started stabilizing this fiddleback, so I haven't made a pen yet, but I will post when I do.

of course, if something is a complete stabilizing fail, I will make it right!

let me know

Ben

Last edited:

Lucky2

Ben, if you want, cut one in half and send me a pay-pal request for the payment of the blank. That would be a whole lot cheaper for me, then paying postage for blanks that I don't want nor need. But if you don't want to be bothered cutting one, that's fine I'll pass.Have a great one.
Len

Benpen

Cut blanks!

Here is a picture of the blanks I just cut for 7mm

Teal has some streaking and is possible lighter in the middle if you hold your eyes right!

Blue is pretty solid, maybe a hair lighter in the middle

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_8646.jpg
    IMG_8646.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_8644.jpg
    IMG_8644.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 195

Cwwc

I will take two sets of the stabilized PM me for your information add 4 plain

Last edited: