I didn’t start out to make a pen with chevrons. I was just testing out a new jig on my band saw. The old one was flimsily constructed from particle board and the new one was made from a piece of ¾ in plywood. A couple of practice cuts and I said D--n, that’s a chevron. Light bulb goes off. So I cut a couple of them out of red cedar and thought “what the heck”. Grabbed some black walnut, and cut end Pieces. I really didn’t think too much about the length as long as it was long enough for an Executive. So I turned it and finished it with Gluboost, sanded to 1200 grit and used my new Beal Buffing system on the blank. Before assembly I thought I’d better check to see how the gurus orient the chevron. My initial thought was to point it toward the finial, however, after doing a search in the archives it appears that those in the know, orient the point toward the nib. I did the same. Even though it looks (to me) a bit unbalanced and has a couple of other imperfections I’m happy with the learning experience and quite happy with the finish I got with the Beal Buffer.