Executive and Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Humongous

Humongous

Finally got the "Honey do" list down to the point where I could do a couple pens.

The first is a PSI Executive in Spalted Hackberry. There was a thread a while back about the Executive, I had never done one so decided to give it a try. I like the kit, gives a little more space than a Sierra to show off a nice blank

The second is a Woodcraft bright copper cigar in bias cut Red Cedar. I picked up this board at the lumber store and it had a lot of cracks in it (was only $3.00) so I had to get creative when cutting blanks from it. I thought the color would be a good match for the copper components. Looks like I got some dust and fingerprints in the second picture, sorry.

Thanks for looking. Comments and critique welcome.

20200712_153956.jpg20200715_211055.jpg20200715_211249.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

henry1164

I like the Executive style pens and just started turning them. I will try to live up to your standards - nicely done. And the wood is really good looking. Good pick.

magpens

Very nice work !!!

Thanks for showing !!!

My only reservation about the Executive is that the turned wall thickness at the nib end is only about 0.03", which I find is a bit on the thin side.
I think the Sierra has a turned wall thickness at the nib end of about 0.04".

Of course, the wall thickness may not be a significant consideration unless you are using a translucent blank. . Or a blank with watch parts or other cast-in parts, or maybe even feathers. . I would be wary.

I do like the styling of the Executive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom