EWT Easy Chuck On Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shastastan

Just got an email from CSUSA today with the Easy Chuck at $319. It's $399 on Amazon. The sale is over 12/31. I'm thinking of going for it. I do already have 3 chucks, but use the the Talon and Vicmarc the most since the Oneway has tommy bars. Anyone else thinking of the Easy Chuck? This is the cheapest that I've seen it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Thanks for posting. It is an impressive price cut, however like others above, it would be a cost more than just the chuck - ie. new jaws, etc. I already have three Nova chucks and large assortment of jaws which would not work with the EWT version. I always have the jaws I use the most on one of my chucks, so changing isn't much of a factor.
We always appreciate a "heads up" on special deals, so don't stop now.
gordon

shastastan

Thanks for the responses. Please keep 'em comin. I understand about the jaw interchangeability issue. I don't have a problem with my oneway and talon of course, but my vicmarc (my favorite and newest chuck) has different jaws. If I bought the Easy Chuck, that would add yet another type of jaws. Sometimes I don't want to take a project out of a chuck when I need to do something else so I just change chucks. Also, even though I try to plan in advance, I often end up changing jaws more often than I would like. The easy jaw change is a feature that appeals to me. Then, there's the cost of an adapter, but that's needed for any chuck unless it's included as part of the deal. I'm still undecided. It's really great to get your various comments to help with my CRS. :) Thanks!

walshjp17

Nova has a time saving system - the Infinity - which allows quick jaw changes....might be another one to look at.

I looked at the Infinity a few years ago when it first came out and compared it to the EWT Chuck. Much prefer the Easy Chuck as the Infinity is not as elegant as EWT's and they take a bit longer to take off and reinsert. IMHO, retrofitting your Nova jaws to work with the Infinity chuck can be a bit pricey if you have lots of jaw sets.

I bought the Easy Chuck when EWT put them on sale a while back -- 20% off at that time.

duncsuss

... my vicmarc (my favorite and newest chuck) has different jaws.

The Vicmarc chuck has jaws that are interchangeable with the Grizzly chucks (such as THIS ONE for 1"x8tpi drive shafts, or THIS ONE for 1-1/4"x8tpi.)

They are a clone of the Vicmarc -- perhaps not as refined, but functional ... and at that price, having an extra chuck or two becomes a real option :biggrin:

shastastan

... my vicmarc (my favorite and newest chuck) has different jaws.

The Vicmarc chuck has jaws that are interchangeable with the Grizzly chucks (such as THIS ONE for 1"x8tpi drive shafts, or THIS ONE for 1-1/4"x8tpi.)

They are a clone of the Vicmarc -- perhaps not as refined, but functional ... and at that price, having an extra chuck or two becomes a real option :biggrin:

Thanks, I had not even thought of this option.

shastastan

Thanks for all your comments. I finally decided that the quick jaw change and fast spin jaw adjustment made the item worth the $$ for me at this sale price. I can only buy lathe items online here in this small town so I have take advantage of online sales. The items are on back order until Jan 18th though.

The suggestion about the Grizzly chuck(s) is a good one for my Vicmarc chuck compatibility. I am going to just leave my mini jumbo jaws mounted to my Oneway chuck although I may give it to my son. Again, thanks a heap for your comments!!

stan

shastastan

also check out Welcome to Chucks Plus - his bulldog chucks are compatible with Vicmarc jaws.

I have several chucks, and rather than spending time changing jaws, I just swap chucks that have the jaws on that I need.

I thought about doing that, too, but after watching the Easy Chuck video, it seems just as fast to change the jaws while the chuck is on the lathe. I think it depends who you store your stuff, too. I have really limited space and my chucks are in drawers in my lathe stand. I'm in the process of putting more things on the wall held in place by magnet bars.

Top Bottom