Every Day Carry with Stabilized Redwood - Laser Engraved

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Csteck00

Csteck00

Good Afternoon All,

Its been really hot outside, so to beat the heat I have been busy in the shop. Some time back I got some Redwood blanks from Rocky and stabilized a bunch using clear Cactus Juice. Here is an Every Day Carry in Stainless Steel, laser engraved with my Glowforge. I am pretty pleased with the end result and wanted to give a shoutout to Curtis and Rocky for making great materials available to turners like myself.
IMG_3182.jpeg IMG_3183.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3182.jpeg
    IMG_3182.jpeg
    730.1 KB · Views: 230
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

Woooooooooo, Pig! Sooie! That's a nice piece of work! Very nice timber, nice finish, nice engraving, nice turning.
I hope you are a Razorback and understand my salutation. I taught at Fayetteville, out at the farm, in the mid 80's.

Geaux Tigers

KJA

Good Afternoon All,

Its been really hot outside, so to beat the heat I have been busy in the shop. Some time back I got some Redwood blanks from Rocky and stabilized a bunch using clear Cactus Juice. Here is an Every Day Carry in Stainless Steel, laser engraved with my Glowforge. I am pretty pleased with the end result and wanted to give a shoutout to Curtis and Rocky for making great materials available to turners like myself.
View attachment 245419 View attachment 245420
Very nice

Csteck00

Nice Pen. I have some Redwood Burl from Rocky too, but I haven't gotten around to stabilizing them yet. Nice pen indeed. - Dave
Hello Dave,
Thanks for your kind words. Once it is stabilized, it turns great...I think you will enjoy working with it. It is a little hard to dye and get bright color, but it it does take the cactus juice well what color you do get, penetrates all the way through.

Chris

Csteck00

Woooooooooo, Pig! Sooie! That's a nice piece of work! Very nice timber, nice finish, nice engraving, nice turning.
I hope you are a Razorback and understand my salutation. I taught at Fayetteville, out at the farm, in the mid 80's.

Geaux Tigers
Absolutely Don,
Although I am a transplant from Oklahoma, I have been here for more than 20 years, and actually live about 25 miles east and south of Fayetteville. Thank you for your kinds words!

Chris

Top Bottom