Ever heard of redollar.com?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

I have some old gold jewelry that have been sitting in a box and will never be used. Was thinking of selling it to help fund the work I need to do in my shop. I've already checked the 2 pawn shops around here but they don't even offer 1/3 of what the gold is worth. I was strolling the web and found redollar.com. I checked reviews on trustpilot, yelp and google and they seem legit. Has anyone heard of them before? Is it worth the risk of mailing out to a business like this? Thanks for any help!
Bobby

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rixstix

Don't know anything about them but take a look at Hoover and Strong. They are very well respected precious metal refiners. We have bought and sold literally thousands of ounces of gold and silver to them before we closed our business to move to South Dakota. H&S had the highest payout we ever found. Not sure if the payout is the same for individuals but gold payout was between 85 & 95% of spot price.

One thing to remember is that the item will be destroyed in the assay process to obtain the highest payout and cannot contain any gems, stones, glass, etc. If it is plated, it's not worth the refining expense. Ditto for gold-filled.

For buying gold and silver, APMEX is the best/lowest markup over spot that we found over the years.

https://www.hooverandstrong.com/landing/Refining-For-Private-Individuals

WriteON

I have some old gold jewelry that have been sitting in a box and will never be used. Was thinking of selling it to help fund the work I need to do in my shop. I've already checked the 2 pawn shops around here but they don't even offer 1/3 of what the gold is worth. I was strolling the web and found redollar.com. I checked reviews on trustpilot, yelp and google and they seem legit. Has anyone heard of them before? Is it worth the risk of mailing out to a business like this? Thanks for any help!
Bobby
I don't trust a soul. That's just me. Once it's mailed anything goes. Can you get a better price locally.

Last edited:

bsshog40

Not much luck locally. We are in a rural area. The 2 pawn shops I checked won't even offer 1/3 of the worth. I have checked deeper into them and also another forum friend on a coin site checked into them. They seem to be a reputable company since 2015 and show to offer fair prices. I sent for their shipping kit. Their kit includes all packaging and a UPS label with $850 paid insurance. The gold value is approx. worth $800. Here is the info my friend sent me.

I used archive.org, domain who is, Google, and even verified its a legitimate business registered in Colorado (https://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessEntityCriteriaExt.do), and maintains the parent business filing (likely for tax purposes) in Wyoming, and for all intents and purposes I can't find any major red flags. They've been operating since st least 2015 under the name by archive.org (that's as far as I went back), trademarked the name in 2017, and it was registered in Colorado in 2018.

I would be hesitant too, but I hope this helps. They at least appear to be operating as a legitimate business and not a fly by night operation at the very least.

bsshog40

Jewelry stores?
There's only one jewelry store and the lady that deals with gold jewelry has weird hrs. They can't tell me when she'll be in and it's a half hr drive to make that gamble. Redollar is sending me a shipping kit so I may keep calling the jewelry store until I catch the lady between now and then to see what they pay by weight.

WriteON

There's only one jewelry store and the lady that deals with gold jewelry has weird hrs. They can't tell me when she'll be in and it's a half hr drive to make that gamble. Redollar is sending me a shipping kit so I may keep calling the jewelry store until I catch the lady between now and then to see what they pay by weight.
Good thing is you know the weight and offers. If the lady is interested she'll work with you.

Top Bottom