European Filigree

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

Fist of all I thought it might be a Burrerfly but its another new Kit for me. I found these good fun to make once I sorted out why Five Bushings. That done and having remade the body of the one pen due to not reading the instructions but who does.
Any way I am quite pleased with results I like the Filigree effect and it allows you to choose a wood for a contrast. The Gold one is Turkish Walnut the Siver Bocote and Yew this is the one I had to remake the body.
Hope you like them please feel free to comment.

Attachments

• pen4.jpg
    pen4.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 163
  • pen3.jpg
    pen3.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 165
  • pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 160
  • pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 161
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

Very nice! They all look lovely. I haven't seen any European filigree kits on this side of the pond in years. I used to enjoy making them.

Kcimdrib

They are a nice kit to make a Ladies Pen I think. I got these from Penkitz and Bitz here in the UK. Thanks for your comments.

Kcimdrib

Nice looking pens, Michael.
Does the yew have a wee crack at the nib end?

Alan
Just taken a look at the Pen no crack but it does look it on the Photo. Less Carrots for you my boy and more Bushmills.
Thanks for your comments Alan

magpens

Nice work, Michael !!!

Thanks for making us aware of this pen kit and the vendor ..... good to know about !!

Kcimdrib

Nice work, Michael !!!

Thanks for making us aware of this pen kit and the vendor ..... good to know about !!
My pleasure I came across it by accident. I also think the kit doesn't take over the the overall appearance of the finished Pen. It leaves options on choice of wood and requires a certain amount of skill in turning. It may look good with Acrylic but not for me.

Thank you for your comments Mal.

TDahl

Very nice. I agree with Mark. Excellent choice in the blanks to go with the components.

Top Bottom