Eucalyptus Gracilis burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CjG78

CjG78

G'day!
I purchased a parcel of goodies from Djarilmari timbers in Western Australia. Neale has some unbelievable burls, alot of not so common ones including this, Eucalyptus Gracilis burl or 'snap and rattle' burl as it is more commonly known. It has a lovely mustard yellow/brown finish, and the eyes in parts remind me of seeded mustard. A pleasant burl to turn. My usual CA finish, as I love glossy pens!
On a plain Atrax fountain pen, I love this kit for it's price and clean basic shape. It allows the blank to take centre stage.
Neale has recently been diagnosed with MND, a terrible disease which will consume him rapidly. Very sad way to end this post, but hopefully a few of you will look Djarilmari timbers up and purchase some magnificent blanks (I just asked him for a random pack)
Thanks for looking
Casey

Attachments

• 20210110_162545.jpg
    20210110_162545.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 20210110_162637.jpg
    20210110_162637.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 177

magpens

Just FYI .....

Motor Neuron Disease, or MND (as it is called in Australia and NZ) = Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) in Canada and the United States.

It is also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.

This is a neurodegenerative neuromuscular disease that results in the progressive loss of motor neurons that control voluntary muscles .

Here is that company's website ..... https://djarilmari.com/ ......... owner's name is Neale France

Last edited:
Top Bottom