Esterbrook coupler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Do any of you have a plan / instructions for a coupler to join the ink sac to esterbrook nib feeds. ??
Lin

duncsuss

I don't understand exactly what you are asking, but I've made a couple of pens that take the old Esterbrook "Renew-point" (sometimes called "Re-New-Point") nib units.

Ink sacs (latex or poly-something) are typically a tight slip-fit over a tenon (with a hole drilled through for the ink to feed) on the nib section, sealed with shellac. There is no coupler to speak of.

Since ink sacs are available in a range of sizes, I can't tell you the tenon dimension - that will depend on the sac you have.

If this has missed the mark, try asking a different way and I'll see if I can get an answer that better fits your question.

lorbay

I don't understand exactly what you are asking, but I've made a couple of pens that take the old Esterbrook "Renew-point" (sometimes called "Re-New-Point") nib units.

Ink sacs (latex or poly-something) are typically a tight slip-fit over a tenon (with a hole drilled through for the ink to feed) on the nib section, sealed with shellac. There is no coupler to speak of.

Since ink sacs are available in a range of sizes, I can't tell you the tenon dimension - that will depend on the sac you have.

If this has missed the mark, try asking a different way and I'll see if I can get an answer that better fits your question.
This black part in the picture

Attachments

• IMG_3316.jpeg
    IMG_3316.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom