Enter same photo in multiple contests?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

So I got a question asking if a photo entered in the "Mug Shots" contest can also be entered in the other photo contests. I don't see why not, but I wanted to check and see if this has been addressed previously or not...

Whatcha all think?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
No. We have always prohibited the entry of one photo in multiple contests just like we prohibit the entry of one pen in multiple pen contests. Just out of curiosity, who asked the question? I received one entry in the Mug Shots contest that is really very nice and does not really fit the intent of the contest. PM if you would like.

toddlajoie

Cool, that's why I asked. I figured it must have come up in the past... Member was Wade45. He said he submitted in Mug Shots, so I'm betting he's the entry you got. I'll respond that it is one contest only.

mbroberg

He really should withdraw from Mug Shots. His photo is too well composed and doesn't fit the theme of Mug Shots.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
If you havent posted it in any thread than will you allow a photo/entry to be withdrawn and resubmitted in another contest. Is that to be a ruling. Will you advise him of that?

mbroberg

If you havent posted it in any thread than will you allow a photo/entry to be withdrawn and resubmitted in another contest. Is that to be a ruling. Will you advise him of that?

I can't think of any reason why not. Can any of you?

toddlajoie

I don't see a problem with it, I haven't seen the photo, so I can't say, Mike, since it was submitted to your contest, do you want to contact him? I had replied to his question to me that he could not submit it to both, but that was before the topic of withdrawing it from Mug Shots was raised, and you're more familiar with that contest...

Top Bottom