Enjoying Acrylic Gouache Paints - 5 Paintings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob in SF

Bob in SF

I've long enjoyed saturating the hues in my watercolor paintings with gouache (opaque watercolor), but I still have to frame them with glass - not liking the distracting glass reflections.

The Holbein acrylic gouache paints - brand-named Acryla Gouache - yield watercolor-like effects and don't need glass front frames. The paints play well with various acrylic media, and the following five paintings consist of Acryla Gouache colors mixed with Golden brand GAC 100 Acrylic Polymer and/or Golden Airbrush Medium.

Each painting began as a faint pencil drawing - worked and reworked on an 8x8" canvas. I made simple frames from old wood scraps or sanded bass wood which I airbrushed black.

I painted these for a little private show.

I'll soon incorporate the Acryla Gouache paints into pens and other objects (stay tuned).

Owl,robertmarkison,acrylics,smallpic.jpg

Puffin,robertmarkison,acrylics,smallpic.jpg

Giraffe,robertmarkison,acrylics,smallpic.jpg

Lion,robertmarkison,acrylics,smallpic.jpg

WharfBoats,robertmarkison,acrylics,smallpic.jpg

Warm regards to all makers - Bob

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

I've long enjoyed saturating the hues in my watercolor paintings with gouache (opaque watercolor), but I still have to frame them with glass - not liking the distracting glass reflections.

The Holbein acrylic gouache paints - brand-named Acryla Gouache - yield watercolor-like effects and don't need glass front frames. The paints play well with various acrylic media, and the following five paintings consist of Acryla Gouache colors mixed with Golden brand GAC 100 Acrylic Polymer and/or Golden Airbrush Medium.

Each painting began as a faint pencil drawing - worked and reworked on an 8x8" canvas. I made simple frames from old wood scraps or sanded bass wood which I airbrushed black.

I painted these for a little private show.

I'll soon incorporate the Acryla Gouache paints into pens and other objects (stay tuned).

View attachment 305655

View attachment 305656

View attachment 305657

View attachment 305658

View attachment 305659

Warm regards to all makers - Bob
You are one talented guy. Too bad you don't live closer and could join my cooperative- Gallery n Gifts. You'd sell plenty

I envy your talent.... I have trouble drawing a straight line with a ruler..... beautiful paintings..... I remember a couple of galleries in downtown SFO from my days in the Bay Area..... do you show at any of them.

I like the last picture of the boats best...

Bob in SF

Humble heartfelt thanks for the kind words!

I'll get back to pen making next week - playing with some new techniques this week - stay tuned , good people.

Gratefully - Bob

leehljp

Member Liaison
I had to go to my thesaurus to find words to describe those works of art. Weren't any words there good enough to do justice to those! Outstanding!

magpens

@Bob in SF

"I'll soon incorporate the Acryla Gouache paints into pens and other objects (stay tuned)."

" stay tuned " "stay tuned , good people " ...... Sure will !!!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
These are splendid Bob! I favor the last - seaport. But the grey frames I also favor over the basswood black (which are still very nice).

Top Bottom