Engraved fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

Hello,
I have been working on this pen for the past week. I've been trying work on my geometric and repetitive engraved patterns, and I had this idea in my head for a while. I fabricated the overlay, clip, and cap band from silver, and hand engraved them with this pattern. I got the idea for the pattern from a generic art deco fan motif. I divided the overlay into three panels because the cap threads are triple start. That way the clip will always align with a panel. I made the rest of the pen from a nice blue cellulose acetate I got from turners workshop or somewhere in England. It uses a #6 jowo nib.
34C4C476-D320-4F8C-AEF3-7B3487F7C266.jpeg
1B587093-71DA-48A5-AA47-7A85B85ADC7F.jpeg
1FEC7A6B-F231-40F9-9D9F-974749E17C2F.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Slam dunk awesome!
I love seeing every new product you post.
I really appreciate the artistry you display, and in a very simple frame of reference can appreciate the learning curve you went through. Lovely metalwork, and the finished pen is beautiful.

jalbert

Slam dunk awesome!
I love seeing every new product you post.
I really appreciate the artistry you display, and in a very simple frame of reference can appreciate the learning curve you went through. Lovely metalwork, and the finished pen is beautiful.
Thanks, Mark!

Mike

That is artistry. One of the most beautiful pens I have seen. Blues in that range are my favorite color and the engraving is absolutely incredible.
Thanks for posting it.

Mike

jttheclockman

John what can anyone say that has not been said many times here when you show your work. Absolutely beautiful. I wish you would make a video of yourself making one of these beauties and show us the technique. I am sure if it is even possible we could become more awe struck of your time and dedication to the art. keep them coming. Jeff should just change the name of the front page heading with your name and just run photos of your work. Nice job as always.

jalbert

John what can anyone say that has not been said many times here when you show your work. Absolutely beautiful. I wish you would make a video of yourself making one of these beauties and show us the technique. I am sure if it is even possible we could become more awe struck of your time and dedication to the art. keep them coming. Jeff should just change the name of the front page heading with your name and just run photos of your work. Nice job as always.
Thanks! I wish I could do a video. Without a camera attachment for my microscope it would just look like this 🤪
D816FE7B-5E8C-4769-93EE-B8D52D69F430.jpeg

I'll have to look into it sometime

jrista

I keep coming back to this pen. Such an incredible work of art!! You have a true artisan's talent, my friend. Can't wait to see the next one.

Top Bottom