English Saddle Stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bugradx2

bugradx2

My kids both ride horses and we needed a better way to store their saddles at the house and when they go to off site competitions. We just finished this one for my son, it's made out of pine and the slats are mahogany. I cut the plugs that are covering screw holes in the slats out of the same pine so it would all match. I used a few coats of Arm R Seal for the finish

Now I just have to make one with purple heart slats for my daughter!

Thanks for taking a look.

IMG_9376.jpg
IMG_9319.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bugradx2

Nice saddle stand. Would it be any advantage to put wheels on the end opposite the handle?
fortunately english saddles are pretty light so he doesn't need wheels. That might make his saddle go for a roll in my vehicle too!

The eventual idea is to make a standing base that it locks on to so the saddle is stored at a height that's easy to clean or oil it along with storing the rest of the stuff that doesn't usually leave the house. I have the lumber for that sitting in my shop right now, it's just going to have to wait for me to get holiday and other stuff done/built before I can make the base. I need to make my daughter a stand too and that may take precedence.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It's a beautiful piece of workmanship!!

Now, once they start cleaning saddles on top of it, REMIND them to wipe with a dry rag to remove saddle soap and neatsfoot oils!!!!

bugradx2

It's a beautiful piece of workmanship!!

Now, once they start cleaning saddles on top of it, REMIND them to wipe with a dry rag to remove saddle soap and neatsfoot oils!!!!
Ed that literally made me laugh out loud! Thank you for your kind words

Both kids (most of the time) clean their saddles. Fortunately we have a folding table they use for that. We did debate making the top rotate so the saddle could sit in it upside down for cleaning and decided that would be too much of a pain.

bugradx2

bugrad2, I understand your reasoning. again, very nice. Daughters always take precedence. Just wait until you have grandkids!
Thanks very much, we will see how quickly hers gets completed. We've also discussed a base for this style of stand too. If we build the base for her brother's saddle stand she may opt to wait so we can figure out the design on his rather than have something happen to the final product for her!

Top Bottom