End Grain Cutting Board

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

Every once in a while I peruse the cutoffs bins at my local wood store and they had some nice walnut pieces long enough to make a small cutting board. Add a piece of hard maple and let the gluing, planing, cutting and routing begin. A deckhand that works on the Royal Star Sportfishing boat will be the new owner.

7E240921-AD89-45E2-B5B7-DF71A379FB80_zpsx2xclu6o.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Is it going to be used out at sea?

I wonder about what kind of finish would be appropriate for safe use at sea that would still protect the wood... or even on a freshwater boat, for that matter ... lots of moisture in the air.

mmayo

It will live in his new home in Ensenada. Diego's story is one of amazing success after hard work. He worked on an island called Cedros off the Baja coast - that can be a hard life working for the salt mine. He wrangled a tryout on the Royal Star which is a premier boat. He had the right work ethic and after a year in the boat he has the skills. This job allowed him to buy a home, two cars and wipe out all bills. He works every moment as hard as he can and is very nice too.

The board received mineral oil and a bottle of it and instructions will arrive with the new cutting board.

Last edited:
Top Bottom