Emerald thunderbird crosswrap that didn't make it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Lynch

I was working on this one for a groove but I botched the other barrel. Metallic green, Colorfast blue,purple,brown. Also here's a pic of the end to see the CA build up.
DSCF5450.jpgDSCF5453.jpgDSCF5440.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I like the design, it looks difficult.
One needs lot of patience. I have seen some fancy wraps on custom fishing rods. Some take over 100 threads. A wrap can take more time than the acutual fishing rod assembly. There is a jig that holds the threads as the are crisscrossed and wrapped, etc.
Dale, my complements and looking for more thread work.

Dale Lynch

Curious as to why you don't cast them as opposed to building up so much CA?
I don't like the mess of the resin shavings all over the washing machine. By building it up with CA I only need 1mm over diameter to true it back up with a skew. No sanding on the other one I posted. Also this way my pressure pot can collect some more dust.
One needs lot of patience. I have seen some fancy wraps on custom fishing rods. Some take over 100 threads. A wrap can take more time than the acutual fishing rod assembly. There is a jig that holds the threads as the are crisscrossed and wrapped, etc.
Dale, my complements and looking for more thread work.
Thanks, and your right about the thread count when using size A. Jigs come into play when you start weaving, above my pay
I do crosswraps with spool in hand.

Top Bottom