Embossed Copper Weave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marko50

Marko50

I had made up a set of embossed copper weave tubes for a good friend at Craft Supplies USA a short time ago. I liked how his turned out so much, I made myself a set as well! It really goes well with the Jr. Gent II pen kit IMHO!:cool:

Attachments

• DSC_5077.jpg
    DSC_5077.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 499
  • DSC_5084.jpg
    DSC_5084.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC_5079.jpg
    DSC_5079.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC_5083.jpg
    DSC_5083.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 296
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BJohn

I agree, if I may ask were did you get the copper weave? It looks like the ground shield from the inside of some coax cable?

BJohn

Just curious, if you first remove outer jacket, then center conductor and the inner insulation, you would be left with a hollow copper braided section that a brass tube should just slide into.

INTERESTING ! Will have to look into this.

jttheclockman

Just curious, if you first remove outer jacket, then center conductor and the inner insulation, you would be left with a hollow copper braided section that a brass tube should just slide into.

INTERESTING ! Will have to look into this.

John that is not copper wire. That is a metal foil paper wrapped on the tube and cast. It has that realism about it for sure. Nice work and I am sure that can be used with many other ideas.

John I cast real copper sleeves. You could check my album if you want to see the difference:)

http://www.penturners.org/photos/images/999/large/1_IMGP0602.JPG

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Well, is marko50 saying which it is? Inquiring minds want to know!

Tom

It definetly is copper tape. he even says it in the title
Embossed Copper Weave.

Here is what a copper sleeve blank looks like. This is the way that I make them.

Wow, I really like those, where do you sell these beauties? I'd like to have a set.

Tom, sorry but i do not sell my blanks. I did donate quite a few for the bash a few years ago. :)

I cast many different braidings over the years and I have been approached about selling them but just never got into that. Whenever I get back into my shop I will keep you in mind. If i forget just remind me. Probably will not be till after the first of the year at least I am hoping.

I posted photos here but took them down because I did not want to hijack the OP thread. You could look in my album to see some braidings that I cast. Sorry to the OP

Last edited:

BJohn

John, I see the obvious difference. The actual bread has depth to it.

Those are sweet, while I like the black accents on the one kit, my favorite is the copper kit's.

If I may ask was this commission work or something you just decided to try.

TurtleTom

I suspect John is driven by an insatiable curiosity. Like myself and most of the others on this site.
(For the last week I've been teaching myself how to write right-handed.)

jttheclockman

John, I see the obvious difference. The actual bread has depth to it.

Those are sweet, while I like the black accents on the one kit, my favorite is the copper kit's.

If I may ask was this commission work or something you just decided to try.

Thanks John

This was something I tried many years ago along with stainless steel braiding, brass braiding, chrome weave braiding, vinyl weave braiding, carbon fiber of all kinds braiding and many more. I have a few other that I will be adding when I am able to start working in my shop again. I like the unusual stuff. As far as commisssion, no I have sold many of these pens but never an order.

jttheclockman

John as I mentioned to Tom if you do decide to try them and have any problems just shoot me a message. Be glad to help.

Top Bottom