Eleven-fiori?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TomS

TomS

Here's my entry in the millefiori show that's going on. But no PC, only leather. Eleven flowers carved in the 'Western Floral' style on the cover. A small floral inside. And some basket weave stamping on the back. All comments welcome.
Tom
Ooops, I should have put a pen in the pen sleeve.
To see more items, go to my friends web site www.riverridgeleather.com
I did all the carving on all the items.

Attachments

• IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Your workmanship is outstanding-- Heck I bet you can't count how many hours you have invested -----I would buy a better tablet to put in it.

TomS

Thanks, Gary. I have 23 hours in the carving and stamping. Another 7 in cutting, assembly, and finish work. This is on display at my buddies harness shop, to show what could be done if you wanted something fancy.
Tom

Gary Max

I would of guessed at least twice that much. Do you start with a pattern or is it all free hand. The reason I ask is I am wanting to do some carveing on one of my big Vases.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Geez! That is a beautiful piece of work! It is so nice to see good leather work!

I've done leather work years ago. So I really understand the amount of time and work you put into that. And what a great job. I appreciate the perspective with the tablet. I used to hand stitch the binding. Is yours machine stitched? I think I would have used a darker contrasting stitching. (And, IMHO, the stamped patterning on the back seems too busy for that beautiful floral work. Just a few nice accents on the back would have been great. - thats what I would have done.)

Last edited:

TomS

Gary- This was done with a pattern. I usually use a pattern on the big items. I'll do freehand on some smaller things.
Cathy Sue- This was hand stitched. About 2 hours worth. I like to take common items my friend sells, and take them 'over the top'.
Tom

Bree

Here's my entry in the millefiori show that's going on. But no PC, only leather. Eleven flowers carved in the 'Western Floral' style on the cover. A small floral inside. And some basket weave stamping on the back. All comments welcome.
Tom
Ooops, I should have put a pen in the pen sleeve.

Very fine carving and stamping. From what I can see your edge burnishing is very good too. The only nit I would pick is that I would have put a liner on the front cover to hide the negative image of your carving from coming through.

Did you hand stitch or machine stitch? If the latter what machine did you use?
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

TomS

Bree-Thanks. It's all hand stitched. Saddlers stitch, or sometimes called double running stitch. One cord with a needle on each end.
Tom

bitshird

A very awesome cover, some Legal Eagle should have no trouble falling in love with one like that. I can just barely write and I like it, great craftsmanship and wonderful design.

Bree

Bree-Thanks. It's all hand stitched. Saddlers stitch, or sometimes called double running stitch. One cord with a needle on each end.
Tom

It's beautiful hand stitching. Job very well done! I have a Toro 4000-LA25. It could not have stitched that any better than you did. Indeed your stitch is much stronger than a machine lockstitch. I have no patience for hand stitching! Too many pens to make!
:wink::wink::wink:

Old Lar

Very nice work! I tooled a lot of leather when I was younger. Much younger.... I had an employee come into my office with a similar notebook. Also very nice, I still appreciate GREAT leatherwork.
Larry

seamus7227

Tom, Just how much would you sell that for? I might need to start saving cuz that is such a beautiful piece, I would love to own that! Damn great job and craftsmanship!

TomS

Seamus-Thanks for the compliments. I made that to be on display in my friends shop to show what we can do to dress up an item. Plain notebooks sell for $150. To duplicate that one, it would probably be $450 due to the many hours in it. Too much for a notebook. But it's main purpose is to show off our workmanship.
Tom

Top Bottom