Elemental Conflict

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Elemental Conflict. Sycamore bowl pierced and airbrushed. The competing elements of fire and water are in balance. The piercing was my public demo at the New England Woodworking Show. Finished with waterborne lacquer. Roughly 9" (22cm) across.

Attachments

• Elemental Conflict 1.jpg
    Elemental Conflict 1.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 364
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Beautiful piece Eric!
Binh Pho would give you a thumbs up!
The turning, design, piercing, and airbrushing all come together here!

jttheclockman

Hello Eric

This is truely a stunning piece. Well thought out and designed. The elements all blend together. I always enjoy work that is above the norm and this is such a piece. Excellent. Thanks for showing.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone, this piece was quite different for me. I rarely use opaque colors, and never on the inside of a bowl so the black between the flames and waves was a big change in style. I had made water bowls and fire bowls but never combined the two design elements before.

Doing the piercing as my public demo, I had to be careful to time it right to finish at the end of day 3 of the Woodworking Show as they were doing the drawing for the bandsaw. Fortunately there were enough people asking questions that I spent more time talking about the process and tools than I spent actually piercing.

Jgrden

'Shoot A Mile" that is beautiful. How many hours was put into that? How'd you make those holes? I hope not one at a time !?!?!?!?

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
'Shoot A Mile" that is beautiful. How many hours was put into that? How'd you make those holes? I hope not one at a time !?!?!?!?

They are made one at a time with a dental handpiece. Freehand layout of the bubbles within the lines drawn for the flames and waves.

Top Bottom