Elegant Beauty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bzahn

I am getting ready to turn my first Elegant Beauty ballpoint twist pen. It came with no instructions. Am I correct in reading the tube and bushings chart that I can use the Sierra bushings at .474 diameter?

Brian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

the original elegant beauty has a much smaller diameter tube than a Sierra. I finished one today. The finished diameter of the blank is .473

leehljp

Member Liaison
Does the bushing feel tight enough that there is no play/slop in the fitting with the tube? If none, then use it, and use calipers to determine the blank size during turning. Measure the pen's fittings and turn the blank to that size.

As a matter of habit for me, I always use calipers and measure the nose cone end, center band when there is a center band, and clip end and write the numbers down. Even after hundreds of pens over the years, I still do this. Sometimes I have found a difference from one pen of the same kind to the next by .002 or .003 or .004. Some people are not that persnickety and that is OK. But this habit makes my pens consistently smooth in the transition area. Not everyone will notice this but some people/pen buyers do, and they are impressed when they find that you have done this.

jttheclockman

I do the same as Hank. Each and every pen kit gets measured. Never know, one may have more plating than another. trust nothing.

Top Bottom