Egg Prep

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

While I was at the lathe prepping the cross grain pen blanks, I turned some Ambrosia Maple cut offs into eggs. Just need to sand before parting the nubs down close.

FEDDFDE1-F9F8-49F8-BE27-D399AF17712D.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

What are you doing with all of those eggs you turn? lol... you have a bunch of them by now!!
(good to see you at the CAW picnic... pictures are coming...)

Right now, they are in boxes and bowls. I should probably try to sell some when our club does a fair event.
.......and I just turned another half dozen eggs....I was just using up scrap cutoffs.
I like turning eggs and spheres and did a class at Woodcraft a couple months ago on this very topic.

MDWine

Right now, they are in boxes and bowls. I should probably try to sell some when our club does a fair event.
.......and I just turned another half dozen eggs....I was just using up scrap cutoffs.
I like turning eggs and spheres and did a class at Woodcraft a couple months ago on this very topic.

You do great work Charlie, even when you're just chewing up scraps! lol I'll be on the lookout for your next class!

Bob in SF

Great work as usual, Charlie!

Tapped wood eggs + dyes or alcohol inks + pyrography + epoxy resin as sealant + fittings = unique bottle stoppers

Top Bottom