Edible pen contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Im begining to dislike this contest. Those are great entries and I have gained 25lbs and still not got a pen made.:eek::eek::eek:

I refuse to give up but I have to go get pants with a bigger waist line before I make the next one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Peanut Butter Fudge Twist Pen

Here Is My entry...an acrylic swirl blank (peanut butter & chocolate fudge) turned with skilled hands & paired with black chrome (chocolate bar pieces) components

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 300

Bob Wemm

Yeh, mine didn't work either, it began to dissolve less than 1/4 of the way through the process, so there was only one option, EAT IT, before it degenerated any more.
Tasted good too.

Bob

Triple Crown

Whole Family Had Fun!

We too gained a few pounds eating up our pen making ingredients! Went meandering through Harris Teeter (grocery store) on Friday night to look for pen blanks! Our family made some fun and delicious pens! Left to right is a sour apple Old Fashioned Candy Stick long click, a Stella D'Oro Original Breadskick cigar, a kind of sourpatch stick slimline, and a Slim Jim long click. All the clips, centerbands, and nibs are made from caramel cubes. The parchment is Pringles potato chips. Unfortunately, the Toblerone dark chocolate bar didn't even make it onto the stand (oops, yum!). Thanks for a great contest! Everyone's pens look good enough to eat!! :)

Attachments

• Triple Crown Edible Pens.jpg
    Triple Crown Edible Pens.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 271

jmbaker79

Alright here it is, Posted Fountain Pen! With a little view of the making as well. Pulled Sugar barrel consisting of blue food coloring, and silver luster dust. Poured out on the block under a heat lamp, and formed into a blank after pulling, which makes sugar shiny. Black fondant section, and gold luster dusted "components". Nib and feed made from fondant as well. Glued up with Royal icing (piping icing). This was a fun contest but I got way behind on another contest and thought I may not get to this one, which wasnt an option :wink: Thanks to all those who have played any roll in the bash, and IAP in general!!

Attachments

• IMG_9197.jpg
    IMG_9197.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_9204.jpg
    IMG_9204.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_9235.jpg
    IMG_9235.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_9239.jpg
    IMG_9239.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 241

Sylvanite

I participated in the Edible Pen Contest for the first time this year. It was fun and turned out to be much more challenging than it first appeared. Congratulations to the winners, and to all those who entered. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Thanks Christopher (along with the whole Birthday Bash Team) for running the contest.

Sincerely,
Eric

Triple Crown

BASH PRIZE PHOTO!!

I don't know if there will be a BASH PRIZE PHOTOS thread, but I wanted to take this picture asap because it looks too yummy to hold off!

YUM AND FUN!!!

I received this awesome box of blanks and chocolate from Chris (Displaced Canadian) today in the mail. I cannot wait to turn some great pens with these blanks. I think the center one is one of his Damascus Linen beauties! It's got a really neat feel to it!

My wife got the mail today and told me that I got a heavy box. When I told her it was from our fun night of making the edible pens, she immediately said "Oh!, there's chocolate in there, isn't there?" :rolleyes::wink: Yep, I needed to get this picture done right away!! :biggrin:

Thank you Chris for running such a fun contest!! The prize is AWESOME!!!

I think that everyone who made a 'pen' had a really good time participating in this one!! Had we not won, it was still a GREAT TIME!

Yyyuuuuuummmmmmm... I just had one of the Mocha ones. WOW! It is delicious!! Maybe I'll hide a couple before I go back upstairs...

Thanks again!!
Greg

Attachments

• Yummy Pen Bash Prize.jpg
    Yummy Pen Bash Prize.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 276
Top Bottom